Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Still Waiting

Exactly two weeks ago I received the phone call offering me my new job. I was so excited, mostly because a job will keep me busy and out of the house. Sadly, I have still been waiting to start this new job, due to how extensive the background check is. It's so frustrating because this is just the first half of the paperwork...I still have another packet and fingerprints to do once the background check comes back and I'm cleared.

So while I am still waiting, I continue to sit at home BORED out of my mind! Naturally, when Kevin is home I want to spend time with him, so the day to day upkeep of our house seems to fall between the cracks after a long weekend. Thankfully today I have lots of cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping to keep myself preoccupied for the 12 hours Kevin is gone.

We have also started talking about competing in a swim meet! Every year the Coast Guard holds a big competition of different events call the Captain's Cup. Kevin have been talking about signing up to swim a few events, but I didn't really think anything of it. One night we were talking to some of our friends, and 2 of the guys mentioned they wanted to sign up to swim as well. They began discussing the medley relay, and who would swim what stroke. The only problem is they have to have one female on their relay...so guess who is getting sucked in? That's right... ME! Thankfully the one stroke nobody wanted to swim was the breast stroke, which just so happens to be what I swam in high school. The swim meet is May 17th, so we don't have very much time to prepare, so for the next 2 weeks we will be hitting the pool and "practicing". I'm actually pretty excited, and although I'm sure we will look more like the "Bad News Bears" it ought to be fun and a good experience.

Other than that, there isn't a whole lot going on around here. I haven't had the opportunity to really use my new camera very much, which is driving me crazy! I think tonight we may go out and take some pictures for a little while, and then again on Wednesday when Kevin is off.

No comments: