OH. MY. GOODNESS!! I am so sick and tied of rain! It has rained EVERY day this week. And not just a few showers in the morning or the evening, but a miserable drizzle all day long. And to make matters worse...the sun decided to tease me today. When I woke up this morning to take the dogs out, it was bright and shiny and beautiful. I ran inside to put on some clothes and tennis shoes, not sure what I was going to do, but it was going to be something outdoors! And guess what... by the time I stepped back outside it was dark, gloomy, and raining again! ugghhhhh!!!!
And you want to know the worst part... it is expected to rain all next week too! I am definitely starting to understand how people get "cabin fever". In a desperate attempt to keep my sanity, I drug Kevin into town last night to walk around WalMart! Seriously... WALMART!! And trust me... it's not one of those humongous, fancy, "Super" Walmarts... it is a rinky dink type of Walmart, but it is my saving grace! I seriously could walk up and down every single aisle if it means getting out of the house for an hour.
Thankfully I do have some ammunition hidden up my sleeve for this weekend. Tomorrow afternoon I have a birthday party to go to, and plenty of cooking, cleaning, and laundry. And whatever I don't get done tomorrow afternoon, I can do on Sunday. And don't forget the gym! I plan on spending a couple good, long hours there! In addition, I think this weekend might require laying in the "solar therapy" room (aka- tanning bed) for 10-15 minutes.
In other news, I got to sit and visit with my mom and my dad earlier today. It had been a while since I had talked to either of them, and it was great to just get to catch up.
My dad went in on Thursday for a procedure to check up on his heart. He ended up having a pacemaker and defibrillator put into his chest since they considered him to be an ideal candidate for a massive heart attack (he has had issues with his heart since I was in the 2nd grade). I can't express how much of a shock this was to hear, but how thankful I am that they were able to take care of it early on. My dad's doing great, and should be able to go home tomorrow.
My mom and I just sat and talked about anything and everything. Things with her and Bruce (the guy me and Kelli set her up with) are still going great. The marriage convo seems to come up a lot between the two of them, but until Lauren is out of high school my mom wont even consider it. I'm so glad that she has found somebody to spend time with and that makes her happy. She deserves to be happy and to be loved, and I think she has finally found that. We also got a good laugh about how Lauren picked up a pair of Bruce's (clean) underwear out of the dryer and nearly threw up all over the place!
I'm hoping to catch up with Lauren tomorrow afternoon so she can give me a few lessons on how to use my new camera. She just got the Canon 50D and is an amazing photographer! Here is a link to her facebook page, with her first "photo shoot". I can't wait for her to take some family pictures of me, Kevin, Winston, and Charlie (whenever she gets to come to Alaska!). I can't believe she is about to finish up her junior year of high school...and then she will be a senior!! I can't believe how fast she is growing up, and that she will be going off to college before I know it.
Where does the time go? Even though there are weeks like this one that seem to drag on forever, for the most part I can't seem to keep up. 7 weeks in Kodiak, 10 weeks since we left Texas, 8 months since the miscarriage, and almost 2 years of marriage!
I hope everyone has a great weekend, and that it is a LONG, relaxing one!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment