This past weekend Kevin and I went to see Iron Man 2 (everyone who knows me understands Kevin's weird obsession with all things comic book related!). I was shocked that it was even showing at the movie theater here in town since everyone has told us that it takes about a month for new realeases to get here. I'm guessing the "big time" movies somehow get here with no problem at all... We had been told that New Moon showed the first day it was out and was sold out for over a week, so I have already been trying to come up with my game plan for when Eclipse comes out.
As you can see over there to your right ----> I found an AWESOME countdown for the Eclipse movie, so there is no way it will slip my mind! Although I'm sure that could never happen.
So while I have been feeling pretty crummy the past two days (fever, sore throat, and achy body) I finally ventured into the living room today to wash a few dishes, fart around on the computer, and watch some TV on the couch like a normal person. So after getting a little cleaning done (I still feel yucky by the way, but my loving husband called me Peg Bundy for sitting around all day doing nothing so I had to be productive so I could shove it in his face!) I sat down and started flipping through the channels. I rarely watch Oprah... as my grandmother stated once, "She is the anti-Christ". Her reasoning-She has so much "power" and "say" over what people do and think, and yet she is totally for Obama, and isn't a Christian. So anyways... I saw that Oprah only had 30 minutes left, and clicked the little info button just to see what she was doing on today's show. Well, much to my surprise she has the Twilight Saga cast on her show today!! I'm so mad I missed the first 30 minutes! I paused the show because Kevin called, and I immediately went to Stephanie Meyer's website. I have only found myself there once of twice before, but will all of this free time I need something to consume my mind other than babies.
After watching an interview with Stephanie Meyer on Oprah's website, I think I have decided I want to read her book "The Host". Has anyone read this? It seems a little weird, but in her interview she said this is her favorite book she has written, more so that the Twilight Saga, so it has to be good! It is also being turned into a movie, so I need to get the reading out of the way before it hits the big screen. She is also releasing a short book called "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" which kind of goes hand-in-hand with Eclipse (it is mainly about the newborn vampires perspective on things). You can actually read it for free online here between June 7th and July 5th. But if you are like me, and want a copy to add to your collection, $1 of every purchase will go to the Red Cross.
Well, now that I am all jazzed about this, I am going to unpause Oprah, and enjoy the last 30 minutes with the Twilight Saga cast! Have a great day- tomorrow is Friday! WOO HOO!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my gosh I am glad someone else is as excited about Eclipse as I am! There was clip released yesterday, so youtube it! Anyways, I bought and tried to read the Host but it was pretty weird and hard to understand. I gave up but want to try again. If you read it all I need a full review!
I DVR'd Oprah yesterday, but haven't been able to watch yet!! So excited for June 30th!!!!
Oh, and I haven't read The Host, but my good friend did and she loved it! I've heard mixed reviews otherwise.
Post a Comment