Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Like Christmas!

Let me begin by stating that today was an absolutely gorgeous day! It hasn't rained for a few days now (THANK GOD!) and the Mr. Sun was out to say hello today. It's starting to warm up- all the way to the mid 50's maybe 60's! woo hoo...NOT! At this point in time if I have to read another facebook status update about someone being at the beach, floating the river, or laying by the pool, I may have to delete my profile. All I want is for it to be HOT! Not "warmer", but 90-100 degrees kind of hot! But let me stop complaining, because as long as the sun is out and it's not raining I'm a pretty happy girl.

So besides the weather, one of the many other adjustments Kevin and I are learning to face is the lack of shopping around here. Thankfully there is a Wal-Mart, but other than that, we have learned (very quickly) to do the majority of our shopping online (preferably on Amazon.com). When we first got here, we ordered a few things such as my camera, and a new mirror for Kevin's truck. I can remember how excited I was when Kevin came walking in the door carrying those packages. Everyone knows how much they love getting mail (letters, not bills) but packages are like 1,000 times better!

Yesterday we decided we would grill some fajitas, and had one of Kevin's A-school buddies over for dinner. We were hanging out on the deck, and Kevin decided to go check the mail. First he pulled out a small box, which I immediately started yelling "Who's it for"?? Then he pulls out an even bigger box! I am jumping up and down at this point. It was like Christmas morning. We weren't expecting packages at all, and the best part was they were both for ME!! YAY!!!

The first one I ripped into was a book my mom ordered for me. I thought that she was going to be sending me her copy once she finished reading it, but she decided it was a good enough book that it would be beneficial for us both to have a copy. It is the new Beth Moore book called, "So Long Insecurity". I am so excited about reading this book! I am at a point in my life, where this book is something that I really need. I was able to read the first chapter on Amazon a few weeks ago when my mom first told me about it, and I have been dying to jump right in and read the whole thing. (My poor mom didn't know about Amazon, and actually paid $20 to have a book shipped to me!! Isn't she the greatest?!?)

After I wiped the tears away from my eyes, I ripped into the next package. I had an idea of what it was going to be, but wasn't positive. Once I got to the shoe box I knew... it was the pair of rainboots Kevin's mom had ordered for me! We had been emailing back and forth about rainboots and which ones I liked the best, and she decided she wanted to order a pair for me (isn't she sweet!!). I had no clue that they would get here so fast (Thank You Zappos), so I was really shocked when I saw they were already here. Now if I could just find a few puddles to play around in!

All in all, it has been a good couple of days. Kevin and I have become obsessed with the show Prison Break (thanks to Netflix) and have almost completed Season One. Kevin works nights Wednesday and Thursday, and then he is back to days for two weeks... YAY!!! This weekend is the infamous Kodiak Crab Festival, and we are both anxious to see what all the hoopla is about. One a sad note... the two guys Kevin went to A-school with, and have become our "family" are leaving on June 3rd for three months! I'm so thankful I don't have to worry about Kevin going underway, but it is going to be so weird to have our two closest friends gone for pretty much the whole summer. We plan on spending as much time as possible with them within the next week, which means the 4 of us are guaranteed to shake Kodiak up, and get into a little trouble! ;)

No comments: