Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

FUN!!

I have been dying to get a decent camera for some time now. I was REALLY hoping to have it by the time we started our move, but that just wasn't realistic. About a week ago, Kevin surprised me and decided to go ahead and order it for me as an early Anniversary gift (I can't believe it has almost been 2 years!) I have been so anxious for it to get here so I can get out and take some pictures of Kodiak!

Well it finally showed up today! YAY!! And I must say...I am VERY pleased with this camera. We ended up getting a Canon Rebel XSi, and it is GREAT! Now if all this darn rain would clear up, I could venture outdoors to show off my beautiful new "hometown".

I immediately sat down and started trying to figure out some of the functions. One of the first things I wanted to learn how to do was blur out the background, and leave the object in front standing out. I've seen some awesome pictures with this technique, so naturally I HAVE to figure out how to do it myself. I'm pretty sure I will never get the whole editing thing down, but I'm hoping my sweet little sister will edit them for me if I email them to her! :)

So here are a few of the pictures I took tonight. Don't judge... it was my first hour with my new BFF! And for some reason, I had a VERY difficult time uploading them to Blogger, and as you can see above, it somehow messed with my text as well. I'll have to figure all of that out another day.

This is actually a centerpiece from our wedding, with our "You May Now Kiss the Bride" picture behind it
My Little Lion - Winston! (He REALLY needs a haircut!)
My little stinker- Charlie (He is just so darn cute it kills me! He definitely works the "puppy eyes"!)

No comments: