We finally got our ferry booked!! THANK GOD!!! The reality of booking the ferry is knowing that this is really going to happen. We will be leaving out of Bellingham, Washington on March 19th and will arrive in Haines, Alaska on March 22nd. From there we will have ten days to drive 1000 miles to Homer, Alaska**. On April 1st we will board the ferry that will actually be taking us to Kodiak, and will arrive April 2nd sometime in the morning! I can't believe it... I know for a fact that Kevin and I will be in Kodiak on April 2, 2010 and will be residing there for the next three years. Kinda crazy....and a little hard to wrap my mind around! We still don't know anything on housing or the movers, but as long as we know when we will get there I am OK.
The rest of our "moving" plans aren't set in stone yet, but here is our general game plan.
- I fly to California on March 2nd
- Kevin's graduation is March 4th and we will fly out to Baltimore that night (we will fly overnight and arrive at 6:30 am)
- We will be in Baltimore the 5th-9th dealing with Kevin's old station and the movers
- Fly back to Houston March 9th
- We will be free March 9th- 14th and will be trying to spend as much time with family and friends before we hit the road. Not to mention my b-day is the 14th!
- March 15th we say our goodbyes and hit the road!
- March 19th we board the ferry and are on our way to Alaska!
**On our 1000 mile drive we will go through Canada and Alaska, and more than likely spend a few days in Tok, Anchorage, and Homer (hopefully lots of sightseeing, relaxing, and adjusting)
On a side note, I heard back from the Teen Center Supervisor job and to my dismay found out that they chose to offer the position to someone else. I was crushed, but the job hunt must go on.
I still can't believe Kevin's graduation is exactly 2 weeks from today... Which means that in 2 weeks I get to have my sweet little husband back!! No more separation for weeks/months at a time! I could not be more thrilled!

No comments:
Post a Comment