So I guess I was a little blog deprived while visiting Kevin in California because I just keep feeling the need to post. Maybe it is the fact that my life is a total whirlwind of excitement, worry, fear, joy, anxiety, anxiousness...well you get the picture!
And sorry for the delay on my post about my trip, but I'm STILL waiting on Kevin to send me the pictures! (men can be so unreliable...geez!)
But in other, non-moving news, I am trying to enjoy all the time I have left in Texas. This weekend I will be going to visit my Nana and Popdaddy! My grandmother fell getting out of her car a few weeks ago, and had the bone in her ankle go through her skin! She is in a boot and can't put pressure on it so she has to use a walker to get around. She is pretty young (late 60's) so its weird to think about her having such a hard time getting around. She will be having a skin graph put on it sometime soon as well. These are my grandparents who own a baby boutique in Georgetown. They have the most absolutely beautiful stuff you will ever see! The website to their store is http://www.justkiddsandmore.com/ and it really doesn't do the store justice! I can remember when they started out selling at Canton, and then decided to step it up a notch and open their own store. It is right in the middle of the square in Georgetown, and the whole area is so cute and quaint. They even do monogramming, and I can't wait for them to personalize all of my stuff when I have a baby!
On the topic of babies... I am at that waiting point right now. Not sure if I was ovulating at all when I saw Kevin, although there was a small possibility I was when I flew in on Thursday. So this is probably WAY to much TMI, but Hey...it's my blog so I'm just gonna say it. After trying for nearly 6 months, it felt like we had tried every old wives tale possible (do a hand stand afterwards, make Kevin drink caffeine an hour before, don't get up to pee for 30 minutes, etc.) It was one day at work in Baltimore that my boss was telling me about how she was not supposed to be able to have kids, but she knew exactly when she got pregnant. They had company in town, so they did the baby dance on the floor with pillows underneath her, and she swore that having a pillow under her hips was what helped get her pregnant. So naturally, we tried this out next go around, and BAM! It worked! Well, on Thursday when I flew into California we did our baby dance, but did not follow any of our past baby dancing "rules". Now I know that sounds awful, but when you start trying to have a baby you will totally understand where I'm coming from... you will try anything in hopes that it will work. My Aunt Flow isn't due to arrive until Monday or Tuesday, and I hate this feeling! The past few months I haven't really had to worry or stress about this since we haven't been able to actually try, and I forgot what an awful pit it leaves in your stomach. I do have my doubts though... when I did get pregnant it seemed like I knew almost immediately. My boobs started to hurt so extremely bad that I took a pregnancy test the earliest I could (5 days before my period was due) and it came out positive. This time around, I have 3-4 days until my period and no pain in my chest at all. I've heard people say that their symptoms were completely different with each pregnancy, so I haven't given up complete hope, but I'm not getting my hopes up either.
So while I keep up my waiting game, prayers and baby dust are greatly appreciated! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You better let me know ASAP if you get a positive!! Fingers crossed for you!
Post a Comment