Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Feel Like a Charity Case...

So we have had tons of people ask us what they can do/give us for our move. Since I know most of my family and close friends read this I decided I would post something on here, and send out the same in an email to those who don't read my blog religiously (shame on you...) By no means are we asking anyone to give us anything, but if you feel the desire to help are some ideas. This will also help me clear out my boggled mind and figure out what we still need before we leave.

  1. Thermals (Unisex size Large)
  2. Gloves, scarves, beanies
  3. Wool Socks (Mens size 12, Womens size 8)
  4. Bogs Boots (Mens 12 1/2, Womens 8 1/2)
  5. Flannel sheets (Queen- preferably white, beige, or dark brown)
  6. Blackout curtain liners

Yea, I know...nothing very exciting but here is something else that I need everyone's help with. I really want to put together a "cook book" before we leave. I need any, and all recipes that you are "famous" for, or are just your favorite to cook/bake. Anything from appetizers, main dishes, casseroles, side dishes, desserts, soups, etc. For example...I really need my mother-in-laws recipe for meatloaf. If you have a few you wouldn't mind sharing would you please either email me (lindseyoconnor08@gmail.com), send me a message through facebook, or hand deliver them to me. I would like to have all the recipes together by Monday, Feb. 22 so I can put it all together before I have to pack everything up! I figure this is a great way for me to start cooking more, and to help keep us close to all of you that we will miss so very much!

Thanks for all your help and support!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

This is such a good idea Lindsey! My most treasured wedding present was a scrapbook with all the great recipes from both of our families. It is AMAZING! And here is a tip from something they did. They laminated each recipe so that when I took it out to use it didn't matter if it got dirty cause it was laminated! I am working on recipes to send to you so be ready!