Today Kevin had a meeting with the "household goods" lady. It was a meeting where they basically talked about how we will move all of our crap, I mean belongings. Since the majority of our belongings are in a storage unit in Baltimore, we have decided our best route would be to have the military move it for us (although we wont receive our belongings for up to 2 months!) He filled out paperwork, and has set up another appointment with her to get the paperwork done to have his truck shipped and to get some clarification on what all they talked about today since he said he was extremely confused.
But... the good news is she told him she would be working on getting us taken care of so that we can hurry up and set a date for the movers! YAY!! We are finally moving in a good, productive direction. She also mentioned that it might be possible to have all of Kevin's paperwork from Baltimore sent to Petaluma, so he wouldn't have to fly there after graduation. With that being said, she said we could also assign someone to "supervise" the movers so we wouldn't have to go up there at all. I would be disappointed since I have been looking forward to going back up there and seeing our good friend Courtney and her super sweet little boy, but if it is going to save us money and give us more time with family before the move, it is what we will have to do.
With the exciting news Kevin gave me at lunch, I jumped online and printed off a packet I have been meaning to for a while. It has all kinds of information on moving to Kodiak and lots of contact numbers. I found the number for the relocation office and called to request a relocation packet to be sent to me. The manager was so nice and comforting. I should be receiving my package in about a week, so hopefully it will have tons of helpful information.
It feels crazy to think that our move is finally starting to progress. We have already gone through the initial screening, financial screening, my dental screening, and my medical is on Friday/ Kevin's on Monday. Once they receive all of it and approve us (keep your fingers crossed!) then everything will really take off. It still blows my mind that Kevin's graduation is 29 days away, and we will be moving to Alaska soon after that. Thankfully things are beginning to move forward and will hopefully all be taken care of within the next week of two!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
2 months!?!?!?!?! Are they moving your stuff on foot!?
and still... this is exciting stuff, Lindsey!!!!
HAHA! One might think they were...but apparently its a big 18-wheeler that is divided into 3 or 4 sections so they can pick up/deliver other family's stuff along the way apparently... I guess we will be splurging and buying an Aerobed!
Post a Comment