Yup...you read right! The 2010 Kodiak Whale Fest actually started on April 19th, with visits to the elementary schools, but the majority of the events will start taking place this weekend. Here is a copy of the schedule of events.
A few of the events that I really want to check out are the Whale Skeleton's which starts tomorrow (and Kevin is off work... YAY!), the Narrow Cape Whale Watching which is on Friday (Kevin is off), and the Harbor Walking Tour on Saturday (Kevin has to work... boo!). I have been DYING to see some of the wildlife here in Kodiak, and just thinking about getting to see a whale gives me goosebumps. I'm getting excited knowing that they are starting to migrate through here, and people have told us that just driving down the road you can see them swimming by. Hopefully I can get some good pictures, but if I get frustrated with the camera, I plan on switching to the video camera so I can have some sort of proof and memory of our first whale sighting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I have a strange obsession with whales so I am TOTALLY jealous!!!!
I totally wanted to go on Sunday, but the rain and wind was so bad. Been here almost a year and haven't seen any whales. Maybe this summer, you and I should go out for a drive to see the buffalo while the guys are at work.
How exciting!
Post a Comment