Now that I am juggling different blogs, I have started neglecting my first love... this blog. I guess since P90X is about the ONLY somewhat exciting part of my life right now, I don't have a whole lot to update on here.
I have also started realizing that I have been pushing back my emotions as much as possible, to try and stay happy and excited about Kodiak. Last night for some reason I got a horrible, sick to my stomach, homesickness for my sister Lauren. Her and I are 7 years apart, but we have always been extremely close. While she was in elementary, I was in High School, and often times I would wake up to her tiny little body in my bed. If she was scared or upset, she would run to me. When she was in the 5th grade (my senior year) our family went through hell and back. It still blows my mind that a little 5th grader had to go through and experience what she did. Once I graduated, my mom, Lauren, and myself moved to Huntsville. I left for college, leaving Lauren to basically be an only child. During my time in Texas it was crazy to see that she is no longer that tiny little 5th grader I will always remember, but he is a 17 year old Junior in high school now. She has a job, plays Varsity soccer, takes all advanced classes, and is struggling to decide what college she wants to go to. I can't believe she is all grown up!! I guess for some reason yesterday I realized that I will be here when she graduates from high school and leaves for college. I told Kevin immediately that I had to figure out a way to be there for her graduation.
Just thinking about this makes me tear up... it is "issues" like these that make living so far away really difficult. Not only do I miss my family like crazy, I am missing my friends just as much. And the scariest part of it all... I have only lived in Kodiak 2 weeks... I still have 2 years and 10 months left to go!
But don't get me wrong... I DO love it here. The people are AMAZING and it really is beautiful. I am still waiting to check out the beaches and the "super pretty" parts of Kodiak, which are about 45 minutes away, but just looking out the windows in my house is breath taking. I even woke up to snow this morning! The coldness will take some getting used to, and the sunlight is beginning to get longer and longer. Last night it wasn't "dark" until about 10 pm. It is so weird to crawl into bed at 9:30 and it still be daylight... I feel like I am 6 years old again!
And I have some exciting news... I have a job interview today!! It is with the Teen Center on base, which would be PERFECT! It is only part time, but I don't mind. I am thinking about volunteering at the Animal Shelter or at the hospital. I'm just trying to keep busy, and meet as many people as possible.
Speaking of meeting people... I have met some really great ladies already. Tonight we are having a Girls Night Out, which I am so excited about! We are playing "Dirty Bingo" which I'm a little interested to see how it all spans out! Basically you go and play Bingo, but the prizes are from a company called "Pure Romance"... if you catch my drift!
But considering how busy of a day I have ahead of me, I better get off the computer and try to get a few things done! Have a great Friday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment