After my tantrum yesterday about being so mad that we aren't getting on the ferry today, I awoke to the sounds of a dog barfing. Winston has been throwing up for about the past 3 days, usually just in the morning, and its all just stomach acid, no dog food or anything in it. We have been making sure he is still eating and getting lots of water, but figured he probably just got something out of the trash that didn't settle well with his stomach.
So this morning I rush out of bed to clean up the vomit, and smell an AWFUL smell... Of coarse he had diarrhea all over the floor too. As I'm cleaning all of this up (Kevin is still passed out asleep) I can see Winston squatting like he is about to again! I grabbed him, threw him into the bathroom and slammed the door! Once I finished cleaning everything I took Winston and Charlie out for the morning, where Winston continued to vomit. When we came back inside I made him a comfy little bed in the bathroom with his food and water, so that if he did get sick it wouldn't be on the carpet.
I waited about 10 minutes and went to check on him and was horrified! Thankfully I had already looked up the number to a vet, because I was on the phone immediately. When I opened the door all I saw was blood everywhere! I couldn't even tell you if it is vomit or "poop". We scooped up a little on a hotel cup to take with us to the vet, and we still have to wait another 30 minutes or so before our appointment (I'll update to let you know what we find out).
It's funny how dogs really do become your "baby". This has me so worried sick, and all I can do is just have Winston lay in my lap and pet him and try to comfort him. I don't know what I would do if there was something seriously wrong with him. But I can say I am VERY thankful we aren't getting on the ferry today, and will have all day today and tomorrow to get Winston feeling better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh I hope the little guy is okay! Nyla had a terrible incident like this when she was a puppy and I was sooooo scared! 3 hours at the emergency vet clinic and $350 later they gave me some bland dogfood and said she would be fine. Ha!
Post a Comment