Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 5, 2010

Fingers Crossed!

I can not believe that the "move" is already over and it's back to real life... sort of. Today is Kevin's first day back at work after having a month off! Yup, I said month! It has been so nice having all this time with him after 5 months of never seeing him, although there were some days I was ready to strangle him! So considering it is his first day back at work, that means it is my first day of being alone. :( I know once we get into a house I wont mind being at home alone (until I find a job), but it just feels weird and awkward since we are still in a hotel. I hate taking the dogs out because I have to walk down the stairs, through the lobby full of people, try to keep them from barking, try to keep Winston from making his choking/gagging sounds, and try to find a trash can that is not placed directly next to the front door of the hotel to throw away their poop. Not to mention our hotel is located on the "main road" (there is only ONE road that goes through town) and I hate having the dogs so close to a road where the speed limit is roughly 55 mph.

Kevin has a lot of paper work he will be dealing with today, and he is meeting with the housing office!! I thought I would be able to meet with them as well, but I guess not. :( We drove around the different housing neighborhoods yesterday, so I was able to point out to Kevin which neighborhoods I want and don't want (and we were on the same page with that!). I have been praying for weeks now that they would have the perfect house ready for us immediately. It would be a dream come true if Kevin were able to sign the paperwork this morning and get the keys so we could move in this evening. I know I am probably getting my hopes up way to high, but a girl can dream! It is going to be killing me all day wondering what is going on since Kevin can't use his phone, and I don't even know what time he will get to come home tonight.

As for me (other than trying to keep my anxiousness at bay) I have a few ideas on how to keep myself busy. With nothing to do but watch TV for the past couple of days, I have been watching the Dog Whisperer A LOT! That show has made me realize that even though I have tiny dogs, they still need their exercise, and I never take them for a walk. So this afternoon we are going to take a nice long walk around downtown and see what kind of shops they have around there, and kill some time as well. I also found that the hotel has a business center where they have a computer and printer. I'm going to print off several copies of my resume to have with me when I apply for the jobs I have found online (almost all of them require that you apply in person). Other than that, I bought a new Nicholas Sparks book to keep me entertained, and I have a few people I need to call and chat with.

Hopefully today will fly by and I will hear something about our house soon! Once I hear anything, I will be sure to update.

1 comment:

meredithkaye said...

Have you read any Jodi Piccolt books?