Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

UGHHH..... Seriously?!?!

I feel as though all of the joy and excitement has been ripped out of my chest! We just got a call saying that our ferry for tomorrow has been CANCELED!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! This is one of those moments I have talked about before, where God must have a pretty good sense of humor, and gets huge laughs out of my life.

I know, I know... it's not the end of the world, but with how ready I am to get there already, this is a low blow. Now we wont arrive in Kodiak until Saturday night. Okay, okay.... I know you are thinking "Seriously? It's just one day!" but the fact that we would have been "enroute" tomorrow was just so exciting. The ferry has been rescheduled to leave Saturday morning at 9:45 am and will arrive in Kodiak that same evening at 7:30 pm. But the most irritating thing of all is the fact that now the earliest we can even talk to the housing office is on Monday! Which in turn means... another 4-5 nights in a hotel at minimum. I just pray that maybe God isn't being such a joke-ster, but it helping to lay everything out, so that there will be the perfect house ready for us on Monday. (please please please!!!)

So now Kevin and I are stuck in Homer, AK with nothing to do for another 2 full days... No clue how to kill this much time anymore!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Argh... that BLOWS!!!!!

Jenni said...

Oh man... that stinks! I'm hoping you and Kevin find some kind of exciting way to spend your extra days there.

By the way I wanted to let you know you have been heavy on my heart lately. I pray that you have an overwhelming amount of peace and comfort this next week.