Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

THANK GOD IT IS WEDNESDAY!! Okay okay... Friday would be a little more ideal, but I'll take what I can get. You want to know the reason I am so excited...The end is in sight! Tomorrow night at 10:30 pm (1:30 am in Texas) we will board the ferry, which is the last stretch of our move! Friday morniing at 11:30 am (2:30 pm in Texas) we will be taking our first steps onto Kodiak Island.

All of this probably sounds a little repetitive, but you have no idea how SICK of this move I am. We left Texas and "hit the road" on March 14th... which was 18 days ago! By the time we get to Kodiak it will have been nearly 3 weeks of driving, ferry-ing, hotel hopping, suitcase living, and fast food eating. For anyone who has ever taken a trip/vacation, I am sure you know the feeling you get when it's time to pack up and head back...sad the trip is over, but so ready to get back home, sleep in your own bed, cook in your own kitchen, do your laundry in the comfort of your home, etc. Well take those feelings, multiply them by about 1000, and you've got what I'm feeling at this very moment. And the worst part of it is, even though we may arrive in Kodiak on Friday, it may be another month before we are able to move into our house! Please please please say some MAJOR prayers that there is the perfect house waiting and ready for us when we get there! We may not have any of our furniture for another couple of weeks, but we would have a kitchen and washer/dryer, which seem to be the items I am missing the most at this point.

In other non-moving news... I've got nothing! My life has been so consumed by this move that I don't have anything else to think/talk about. How sad is that? (Another reason I will be so thankful when all of this is over!) I have been checking online for jobs any chance I get, and I've found a few that I will apply for once I can gain access to a printer. None of them are anything special or that I am in love with, and the majority of them are just little part time jobs, but I guess something is better than nothing.

I guess the most exciting part of this move is that Kevin and I get to almost "start over". We are in a new place, where we don't know anyone, and it's like we have a clean slate. I know I have learned from expereince, and will take my time and choose friends a little more wisely this time around. I will get more involved, be more active, and have more fun. So get ready... there is going to be a new and improved Lindsey with LOTS of really fun/cool stuff to talk about in the near future!

No comments: