The past few days have felt like a blur, and I keep finding myself asking "Did that really happen, or did I dream it?" It started on Thursday. I woke up and drove to Austin to deal with getting my passport. I stopped in College Station for lunch with Kelli and Kelly, and had a nice visit. The passport process wasn't as long as I thought it would be, and I was done within about an hour. My grandparents live in Cedar Park, so I drove to their house afterwards. We went and had dinner at Texas Road House and then me and my grandma did a little shopping. We went by the shop in Georgetown to get Paige a gift, and went by Target and Bed, Bath , and Beyond looking for flannel sheets (no luck...).
I went to bed that night already knowing I wouldn't get a good nights sleep. Kevin would be flying all night, and I was waiting for a phone call/text from Paige around 5:30 am to let me know if they would be inducing her that day or not. At about 6:30 am I got a call from Kevin letting me know he was in Baltimore and everything was fine. When we got off the phone I saw the text that Paige would be going to the hospital at 7:15. I jumped out of bed, showered, and got on the road. I got to the hospital around 11:30, and Paige had just gotten her epidural. She was in a great mood and we sat and talked for a while. Since there could only be 3 visitors at once, and there was a waiting room full of people I got to visit in little spurts. The entire time she was smiling, laughing, and joking around. She did throw in lots of little advice about what to expect when my time comes, which was greatly appreciated!! So after waiting for a couple of hours, baby Tatum Rae Jeanes joined this world at 6:17 pm. We were all dying to meet her, so when they wheeled her up to the nursery we got to take a little peek. She looked so tiny and perfect. I went in and saw Paige one more time before I left to head back to Huntsville.
Saturday morning I woke up again after a restless night. Kevin was flying in that morning! Right about the time I woke up he called to tell me he was having to switch planes because the water pipe on the plane he was on had busted. It delayed his flight about an hour and a half. I picked him up around 11, and we went to the hospital to see Paige and the baby. We got back to Huntsville around 3:30-4 and realized our Jonas Brothers tickets hadn't been delivered! Kevin, Lauren, and I all jumped back into my car and sped back to Conroe to the FedEx store. We got there just in time before they closed and got our tickets! Thank goodness!! We came home and had dinner with my mom and watched a movie. It felt so good to finally have Kevin home and know that it is forever, not just a week or two. I finally got a good nights sleep last night (I think it has something to do with having my hubby there with me!)
So thankfully today has been a little calmer. We (well, mostly ME) are excited about seeing the Jonas Brothers tonight! We will fly out early in the morning to go down to the valley to see Kevin's family, and will be back Thursday. Can't believe how fast everything is going and that we will be leaving in a week!! Holy Cow!! Looks like things wont slow down too much, but I'm ready to get this show on the road!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You should have stopped by to see me - I live in Cedar Park!!! :)
Post a Comment