Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's About Time

As I woke up this morning (an hour before my alarm clock), all I could think about was how my dentist appointment was going to go. Would they be willing to write me the letter that I needed, because if not, who knows what would happen with our moving status. I laid in bed for that hour just thinking and praying. All of this has been such a stressful process, and I keep finding myself slipping into the whole "woe is me" mind frame. I guess more than anything I feel like God is continuously testing Kevin and I, and I just don't get it. I feel like we have already endured our fair share of tests and would just really like a break right about now. I know that he is strengthening us, but I just don't see how he could expect for me to handle much more. I see everyone around me buying houses, having babies, getting great jobs, and I feel like my life has yet to begin. It is continuously on hold, moving from place to place, not able to buy a house or get a decent job. I know that one day Kevin and I will be able to settle down into one specific place and things will all fall into place, but it just feels like a constant struggle. It doesn't help that Kevin's graduation is tomorrow and it breaks me heart to know that I am sitting here at home blogging, while he is packing and having graduation practice. I should be there... I also keep finding myself consumed with Easter Sunday, April 4th. That would have been my due date... I would be reaching 9 months of pregnancy at this point, and yet, here I sit empty. That is the best description I can find when I think about pregnancy and babies... empty. They took my baby out of me, leaving me empty and now I have to pray and wait for the perfect time to come again.

Please don't get me wrong, I know I sound very down in the dumps, but I really am thankful for how things turned out for Kevin and I. If I were to still be pregnant there is no way we would have even considered moving to Kodiak, risking the chance of Kevin being put on a boat and being gone for roughly 2 months at a time. I do see that God works in mysterious ways, and although it is really hard to see the big picture at times, I know that somewhere down the line all of this will make sense.

But thankfully... I went to my dentist appointment this morning, got the letter I needed, faxed it off, and received my entry approval all by 11 am! woo hoo!! So that stress is over with, and now hopefully everything else will start moving along quickly. I have an appointment tomorrow in Austin to deal with my passport, and I still can't believe Kevin will be here at 9:30 am on Saturday! I am so excited I could pop!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

My birthday is April 4th... I'm sorry that day won't be a pleasant one for you. :( I hope you will be "filled" again soon. Do you have an address for you guys in Kodiak yet?? I want to send you stuff once you get there!!

Lindsey said...

We should hopefully see our house and find out our address once we get there, but we could be in a hotel for anywhere from a few days to a few months! It all just depends on what is available, and how quickly people move out. But once I know I will let you know!!