Well, it has been approximately 24 hours since I was released from the hospital yesterday. For some this may be to graphic, but I feel I must write exactly what is going on in case I ever need to recall this information at some point in the future.
As I stated in my last post, I had my D&C yesterday at 3:30 pm. When I got off the phone yesterday morning at 9:30 I think I was almost relieved to know that soon my body would be getting back to normal. Nearly an hour later my body began to let go of the baby, and I start to have some light bleeding. According to what the baby measured (6 weeks 6 days), this would have been about 5 weeks 3 days later. It is weird to think that it took my body that long to finally start "releasing" this baby. As the day progressed, so did the bleeding and cramping. When I finally got to the hospital, I was taken into the OR and they began prepping me immediately. I have never had any sort of experience in a hospital so I was scared out of my mind, and they made Kevin wait in the waiting room for the majority of the time. They had me change my clothes, fill out paper work, took my vitals, and gave me an IV. I was extremely blessed with a wonderful tech and nurses who did help keep me calm and made me laugh. Kevin was finally able to come in and visit for about 15 minutes before I was taken into surgery. Right before the wheeled me out they put a sedative into my IV, which hit me FAST! I remember getting wheeled into the operating room, moving onto the table, and talking to the anetheologist about why they put my arms onto these little side tables with restraints. The last thing I remember is him saying "wow, you have some serious double jointed arms!" and my response was "well I broke that one, so that's why is so screwed up!" and then I was out. Next thing I know I am getting woken up in recovery. I had to wait there for about an hour, and then I was able to change back into my clothes and head home. I did have very heavy bleeding for about an hour after the surgery, and then it became much lighter and has stayed that way today. I also had horrible cramps all through the night and this morning, but for the most part I have been pain free.
Kevin was awesome through all of this. When he was able to come in and finally sit with me he made sure to keep my mind off of everything and make me laugh. Poor guy had to spend hours in a waiting room and yet he made the best out of everything. We went and had dinner at Chili's once I was released (since I hadn't been able to eat all day!!) and then came home and watched "The Biggest Loser" and "90210". It still amazes me how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment