Here is a link to a story that is truly inspirational...
http://www.zimbio.com/watch/rS5abniyDZL/Biggest+Loser+Abby+Rike+Overcoming+Tragedy/Access+Hollywood
One of my favorite shows is "The Biggest Loser". It is so motivational to me, in the fact that it makes me want to eat better and to work out and to take care of my body. With everything that is going on right now, I feel like more than ever I want to be a couch potato and lay around doing nothing. The season started last Tuesday, but I didn't get the chance to watch the episode until Friday (the 18th). This was the first day that I was feeling better, and I had Kevin home with me which made it easier. I watched this episode, and cried my eyes out. Abby has become my inspiration and has made me realize that even though I feel what I am going through right now is hard, it could be so much worse. This poor woman (who is from Texas also) lost her husband, and her two children in a car accident. She had a 5 year old daughter and a son who was 2 1/2 WEEKS old! I can not imagine the pain she has had to go through... I realize now how much I take for granted and how quick I am to feel sorry for myself. I can honestly say I thank God every day now for my husband and my family. He may have decided it isn't the right time for us to have a baby, but we will one day. I can not fathom losing everyone you love all at once. But she is able to go on living and wants to live a better life, so she has chosen to go on the Biggest Loser and knows that she is meant for something bigger. She will do great things with her life, and I am sure is a huge inspiration to many!
Another story I saw today that broke my heart was on a friend of mine's facebook status. Here is the exact quote... "Plese pray for my sister's friend. Last night, lightning struck her house and this morning she found both of her 2 year old twin boys dead in their sleep. The cause is probably heat stroke from the lightning. These are their 4th children to lose, so the pain has got to be immense. They need all the prayers they can get."
As I am seeing and hearing these stories I am more aware that everyone goes through difficult times, some harder than others. Although the pain of a miscarriage is difficult, I am still able to get up every morning and go on living my life. I now see that God works in mysterious ways and Kevin and I will have our chance of having a baby whenever the time is right. As of now, I am able to see past my hardships and thank God for showing me that my life is not as bad as I can make it out to be. My thoughts and prayers are with the two families above.
I just hope that I can keep this optomistic attitude up after my radiologist appointment on thursday...
God Bless and I hope everyone enjoys their first day of FALL! (The Holiday Season is quickly approaching!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment