As time has slowly drifted by since that very first doctors appointment which brought sadness to our hearts (September 9th) I have grown more and more frustrated with my ob/gyn. It seems like this entire process has taken forever, and the more I think about it the harder it is to comprehend what is exactly going on with my body, and therefore I want this to all just be over with. I have still not spoken with my doctor since my radiologist appointment which was last Thursday. Instead of calling me himself he continues to have the RN call me, but she has yet to give me the results either. All I have been told is that the baby is a loss, nothing else. So since last Thursday I have been trying to get a hold of my doctor to schedule my appointment to havemy DNC done. It was not until this morning that I finally got some answers.
I will be having my mini surgery today at 3:30 pm. Kevin and I must arrive at the hospital at 1:30, and the procedure shouldn't last more than about 30 minutes. After asking a friend who has gone through this in the past I found out that I will be hooked up to an IV (hopefully explaining why I have to be there 2 hours early) and will be lightly sedated. I can't eat or drink anything all day until all of this is overwith.
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am absolutely terrified of docotrs so this whole experience has been difficult, but now that I am about to have to go spend me entire day in the hospital I am beginning to freak out a little bit. A friend of mine from high school (and A&M) has been so helpful through all of this and actually sent me a verse that I have been repeating in my head all day to hopefully help ease all of my tension and worries. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.Isaiah 41:13 (Thank you Meredith!)
I know that Kevin and I have been on several people's thoughts and in their prayers over the past 3 weeks and we just want to thank everyone for that. I know that I have felt truly blessed and although this is a difficult situation and today is going to be a difficult day, I can honestly say at this point that I do know there is a reason this is happening to us and although we may not know it right now, God will show us soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment