Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

What is that Giant Ball of Burning Gas?

....Oh yea! The SUN!! It seems like it has been YEARS since I have seen this wonderfully warm friend of mine. Okay okay...not years but it has definitely been somewhere around 3 weeks.

Yesterday was the first sunny day we have had in so long, and all I wanted to do was just sit out on our deck and soak it in. Of coarse this didn't happen as much as I was hoping. I woke, and the USA vs. England game started at 10:30 am here. I watched the whole pregame, and then the actual game. By the time it was over, I was ready for some lunch and started watching some of my DVR shows since I haven't been able to keep up during the week. Of coarse I got sucked in, so my TV time seemed to drain most of the day. Kevin worked on his truck some, so we did get out and enjoy the afternoon some. But you want to know the best part about sunny days in Alaska? The sun doesn't go away until around 11-12 pm/am! And that is just for June...we have heard that by the time July and August roll around the sun stays up until around 2-3 am, and comes right back up around 4-5 am.

Surprisingly, the daylight hasn't effected us like I thought it would. We have some "blackout shades" that we hung behind the curtains in our bedroom, which helps block out the sunlight. The hardest part is figuring out what time it is. Last night is was 12:30 am when the sun started to set. I have to pay close attention to the clock on my work nights, so I know when it is time to start getting ready for bed. Before, once it got dark I knew it was time to start preping for bed, but now I know what it feels like to be 4 years old and have to go to bed before the sun goes down.

Today is another absolutely beautiful and sunny day, so I'm getting off this computer and going to play!! :) Unfortunately, tomorrow is supposed to be rainy again, so I'm trying to take advantage of this weather as much as possible!!

1 comment: