This is my second Monday at my new job, and although it was extremely difficult to get out of bed this morning (I actually snoozed until 8 am, giving myself 20 minutes to get ready!) today was a great day! Monday's are pajama/movie day with the school aged kids, so after breakfast we sat around snacking on junk food (bad Lindsey bad!) and watching Rocketman (one of my childhood favorites). By the time the movie was over, it was time for lunch with the kids (the center provides breakfast, lunch, and snack for them). Once they finished eating, I was able to leave for my lunch, in which I came home, saw Kevin for a little bit, and relaxed. When I got back from lunch it was time to take the kids to the pool. Usually I sit on the side and watch them, but they have been begging me to get in the water with them, so I caved today. It was actually a ton of fun playing around with the kiddos in the water, and we eventually had a huge game of volleyball going with a bunch of total strangers. After the pool, we came back, watched Heavyweights (another childhood favorite), played some dodge ball in the gym, and then it was time to come home! All in all, it was a super fun day!!
I also decided that I am going to start trying to go to the gym every evening after work. I plan on doing cardio Monday-Friday and weights on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Since I had such a great day at work and was actually in a surprisingly good mood for a Monday, I decided I would start this new attempt today. I was actually there for almost 2 hours!! I felt great when I left, ran to Walmart to pick up a few things, and came home. It is a little exhausting considering I finally got home this evening at 8:30, which means I have been going non-stop for 12 hours! I hope I can keep this up! The first week or two are usually the hardest for me, so I'm hoping I can push through.
I'm also very sad to report that our "adopted child" who is older than both of us- Steve (shout out!) is going to be leaving us for 3 months this Friday! Boo! It is going to be so lonely without him...he is pretty much our BFF (well, I'm sure he is more of Kevin's BFF, but I'm attached to Kevin, therefore he is my BFF too!) and I'm so disappointed that he is going to be gone all summer long. Poor guy is gonna miss the only 2 months of nice weather we will have (supposedly)!
Well, looks like it is time to shower and get ready for bed. I must say- today has been one of the fastest days of my life, and I can't complain about that! I am SOO ready for Saturday!!! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like a SUPER fun day!!! I am also getting back to my workouts this week. Hope we can both keep it up!
Post a Comment