So, what is going on in the O'Connors lives right now? Hmm.... that's a tough one, but here goes!
- We have been in Kodiak for about 2 1/2 months and gone from Texas for 3 months now (Wow...time is flying by!). I have had a few spurts of homesickness, but thankfully with my new busy schedule, I don't have much time to pout about it.
- Winston is in DESPERATE need of a haircut.
- The weather here is getting really freaking old! I would love for just a few days of nice sunny weather, and perhaps something above 55 degrees. It just makes me mad that I am having to wear a jacket in the middle of June... that is just not right! (People around here consider the weather "bipolar")
- I have been at my new job for almost 3 full weeks now. I got my first paycheck this week (woo hoo!!) and I also found out that I will be leaving the school aged summer camp after tomorrow to start working in the infant room. I'm actually pretty excited about this... I will be with the "waddler" age group- which has 7 babies between 8-11 months old.
- Kevin has been working on his truck alot lately, doing little things to help fix it up. It has become his newest hobby- and I can't complain. If it will keep that thing running, I'm happy!
- Kevin and I will be babysitting a complete strangers 7 month old baby twice between July 2-5. (Long story... I thought it was a little strange myself, but it is a friend of a friend and I'm actually really excited to spend some time with that little baby girl!)
- I am making more and more friends here, and although I miss my besties back home more than anyone could imagine, it feels great to know that I am already building a new little support system up here as well.
- I have been able to hike and see a lot of the "popular" places in Kodiak (while at work which is pretty nice!) and I can't wait to take Kevin, the pups, and my camera to check it out with me.
- We have still not seen a bear :( But there have been 3 sightings this week in base housing. Too bad it wasn't in our neighborhood...
- I bought my first piece of Kodiak "memorabilia" this past week. It is actually a hoodie that was on clearance at the exchange, and all it says is KODIAK, but I'm pretty much in love with it.... I feel like a local now! (I will have to post a picture soon)
- I'm still not crazy about our house, but since I don't have to spend every waking moment in it anymore, it is starting to grow on me. Although I do find myself daydreaming about moving into a house with a backyard all the time!
- Charlie has a new best friend (they just haven't met yet). We are trying to set up a playdate with another mini weenie dog a friend of ours has. His name is Yoshi (I know...I thought that was the cutest name ever too!)
And last but not least, and by far the most exciting piece of information... We are hoping to make it back to Texas in September!! My mom and sister are planning a trip to Vegas to go to a photography convention for Lauren. Once I heard about this, I told Kevin we had to meet up with them there! Ever since we drove through there on our move, I have fallen in love with that city. We are hoping we can fly into Vegas, spend 3 days there with my mom and sister, and then fly down to McAllen (our hometown). We would hopefully have about 6-7 days there, and we are hoping any friends/family that would like to see us, will meet us there. And besides being super excited about seeing all of our family, I can not wait to go to South Padre... I need some sand!!

No comments:
Post a Comment