A brief recap of the MAJOR events that happened in December:
1.) Kelli Nesbitt graduated from Sam Houston on Friday, December 18
2.) My mom (Rhonda Curry) graduated from Sam Houston on Saturday, December 19
3.)Kevin flew into Texas on Saturday, December 19th
4.) My mom had her graduation party on Saturday, December 19th
5.) Kellis had her graduation party on Saturday, December 19th
(If you can't tell that Saturday was a BUSY day!!)
Now for a breakdown of the holidays:
After that extremely hectic weekend, Kevin and I made our way down to the valley to spend roughly 4 days with his family. Wednesday night was the O'Connor/Garcia Family Christmas party where we had amazing food, a white elephant gift exchange, and watched a slide show of old Christmas pictures. It was the first time in a very long time that Kevin's entire family (for the most part) was all together under one roof. The following night was Christmas Eve, and we drove to Harlingen to spend that evening with the Curry side of the family. It was a much smaller group this year, but was still worth every minute. We had a white elephant gift exchange there as well, and my poor Nana had every gift she picked stolen from her! It breaks my heart that I don't see her more often, and as we got ready to leave she began to tear up and told me that the best gift she received was having us there. We drove back Kevin's parents that night, with Lauren in tow, and we sat around and played skip-bo until about 1 in the morning! We got up bright and early, loaded the car, and headed to Austin to have Christmas Day with my mom and her family. This was also a big ordeal because it was the first time in almost 3 years that all of my mom's family was together for the holidays. We came back to Huntsville Saturday afternoon and spent the rest of the time that Kevin was here visiting friends and just trying to spend as much time as possible with each other. We stayed in Huntsville for New Years Eve at the Holiday Inn Express and watched movies and had champagne in our pajamas with just the two of us. It was a very low key New Years Eve, but I had everything I wanted right there with me.
Today was a tough day. I think the anticipation leading up to it really made it much harder, but taking Kevin to the airport today and knowing that I wont see him for another 9 weeks makes my heart hurt. It was the best feeling having him here with me, and just as things started to slow down and we had a little time to rest and just enjoy each other, it was time for him to leave. I am still trying to get my mini-vacation, so hopefully the first weekend in February I will be able to go visit (since I didn't get to go after Thanksgiving).
So that was my month of December in a nut shell... The best part of my Christmas was getting to see all my family and have my husband home with me. It is crazy to think how much can change in a year...last year the only family we saw for Christmas was my mom and sister who flew to Baltimore to see us, and this year we got to see almost every family member we have!

1 comment:
I'm so glad you had a nice time with Kevin, but so sorry he had to leave again. :(
Post a Comment