December= 18 days until I get to FINALLY see Kevin and 25 days until CHRISTMAS!!
Random fact #1 about Lindsey- I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Not in a "oh those lights look pretty" type of way, but I love every aspect of the holiday and the entire month leading up to it. We usually put our Christmas tree up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year we put it up on Thanksgiving! And you better believe the Christmas music has been playing since then.
I think my favorite part of Christmas is the tradition we have always been a part of on the Curry side of the family, my favorite being Christmas Eve. It is always at my Aunt Jill's house, where more than likely we will have tamales, queso, and lots of booze! We also always do a white elephant, one for the women and one for the men. The women's always gets very intense (usually everyone is fighting over what my Aunt Candy brings)! My Uncle Steve dresses up as Santa and brings all the little kids a gift, and then we all get to take pictures with him. Overall it is just a great night that we all get to spend together and have lots of laughs. I usually only get to see the whole family together once or twice a year, so it's great getting to catch up with everyone, which there are TONS! My dad is one of seven (and five of the seven are grandparents), so you can only imagine how big our holidays get!
But this year I think I have so much more to be excited and thankful about. First of all, I will finally get to be with my sweet hubby after 9 weeks of not seeing him!!! This will be our second Christmas as a married couple, but our first in Texas with our families. Last year we decided we would stay in Baltimore, and my mom and sister flew up to visit for a few days, and then Kevin's mom and younger brother Liam flew up right after them. It was great having a Christmas in our home. This year will be a lot of traveling, but I CAN NOT wait to finally get to see everyone after such a long time. Our plan is that December 20th we will drive to the valley and stay with Kevin's parents. We still haven't decided when exactly all of his relatives will be coming over to celebrate Christmas, but we will be attending the Curry Christmas Eve for sure. Then we will be waking up early Christmas Morning and driving back to Huntsville to have Christmas Day with my mom and sister, and the day after that we will be going to Austin to see my grandparents on my mom's side. So overall, it could be almost an entire week of Christmas festivities and I am so excited!!
Hope everyone is staying safe and warm on this cold and rainy first of December!! And you better believe my TV will be thoroughly enjoying abc family's 25 days of Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for the comment about my niece! Oh, and I felt a little better seeing your run log was a little bare too :) Haha! We will get back on track ASAP!
I'm so excited that Kevin will be home soon. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment