I have started my attempt in weight loss once again... I haven't gained any, but I have stopped losing (pretty sure I can blame that on Casa Rod and my lack of exercise). Between my Jillian Michaels DVD and running bleachers with Kelli and Taylor, I am hoping to kick my body into fat burning mode again. I have stopped picking up any sort of fast food, and Subway has become my new BFF (and I don't even get the baked chips...I get the apples!!) I can already tell it is making a difference, I feel more energized and not so full all the time.
Kevin and I found out that we will no longer be able to use Sprint as our cell phone providers, and our options are between AT&T and Verizon. I'm really hoping for AT&T since I want the iPhone BAD, but Kevin doesn't seem as enthusiastic. We also had to open a bank account with USAA (a military financial company) since there are not any Bank of Americas in Kodiak. The cool thing with USAA is you can scan your checks, and they are automatically deposited into your account (or if we get the iPhone, there's an app for that...)
In other moving news, we are still stuck on housing. We have a friend who knows someone who has a rental house in Kodiak. I have been waiting over a week to hear back, and I guess I have just reached that point where its time to move on and look for something else. There is military/government housing, the only bad thing about that is we only qualify for a 2 bedroom unit, and we were really wanting to move into something that was at least 3 bedrooms. The other downside is we wont know if we will have a fenced in backyard or not. Some units have them, and some don't. There are about 3 or 4 different styles of housing we are eligible for, but we wont know which one we get until we arrive. I'm so ready to be able to live in a normal, single family home and not a duplex/townhouse! I guess they aren't too bad, and it will only be for 2 years. The top picture is of the 4plexs they have, and the bottom picture is a townhome (I think...)

In non-moving news... I get to go see Kevin in approx. 22 days! Woo Hoo! I will be flying into San Fransisco on Feb. 11 and will stay until the 17th. We have already started discussing some of the things we want to do. In San Fransisco we plan on taking a night tour of Alcatraz, checking out the Golden Gate Bridge, eating at Bubba Gump, and hopefully riding a trolley. On Saturday as an early Valentines Day treat we are going to Napa, and I can't wait to do some wine tasting!! And my last request is to see the Red Wood Forest before I leave. And as much fun as all of that sounds, the one thing I am the most excited about is getting to see my hubby (and hopefully ovulating during that time too!)
I have also really gotten into arts and crafts. Maybe I am becoming an old hag, but instead of the whole bar/party scene, I would much rather spend my money and time on something that I will actually benefit from. Not that anyone could really benefit from my attempts at creativity, I think they will at least be a sweet touch to my home once Kevin and I move. Oh, I guess I should have mentioned, my arts and crafts of choice has become U-Paint-It. You get to go in and pick our what ceramic piece you would like to paint. They have everything from hideous figurines, plates/cups/bowls, crosses, picture frames, piggy banks, tiles, etc. Once you finish painting it, you leave it there for them to gloss and fire it. Once you pick it up it is so shiny and pretty and ready to be put on display! I just need to work on my handwriting... I have also somewhat learned how to make the fleece blankets where you cut and tie them together. Kelli and I made some to give as Christmas presents (I wasn't very good at the whole cutting thing, but man could I tie!!) This week while I am staying with her I am going to finally make one for myself that has an Alaskan feel to it (I'll post a picture when I'm done).
And my last piece of non-dullness is what I have going on this weekend. This Sunday is Paige's baby shower. I still can't believe how far along (and CUTE) she is! Little baby Jeanes is going to be here so soon, but all I ask is that she comes early so I can at least see her before I move!

No comments:
Post a Comment