Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Running on Fumes

Well, as you all know I have officially been back in Texas for 3 weeks and 3 days! Since I have been back every weekend has had some sort of fun filled activity for me to attend, but I have yet to have any time with my mom and sister (who were the main reason I decided to come back to Texas).

This past weekend was a LONG one! I can't remember the last time I felt so sleep deprived. I drove into College Station and worked Thursday and Friday, and at 6 when the EXIT closed our reunion began! As the old kids and staff began to stream through the doors I was overwhelmed with memories and emotions. We all sat outside and visited (I didn't participate in the game of knock out since I am a HORRIBLE basketball player) until a little after 7. We all piled into our cars and headed out to Boss Kelly's ranch, where we sat around a bonfire (which I helped build...and was almost attacked by a snake in the process), had some GOOD food and drinks, and played around a little. I mostly sat and visited with people I hadn't talked to in a while (or ever for that matter). We finally called it quits close to 3 am and headed back to Kelli's house where we had a semi-slumber party (you know me and my slumber parties!!)

We woke up at 8:30 the next morning and we were all off to a pretty rough start. We eventually got some breakfast, showered, and changed into our costumes. Eli, Kelli, and myself dressed up as penguins for the A&M game, and everytime I looked at Eli I couldn't help but bust out laughing! We went to his house to tailgate before the game, and then walked on down to Kyle Field. The tailgate and game were probably my favorite part of the entire weekend. It has been so long since I have been to a game and since one of the EXIT staffers (Taylor) plays for A&M we made him signs and snuck them in! It was such a great feeling being back at Kyle Field. It was also military appreciation day so everything made me tear up a little since it really hit home, having a husband in the military.

After the game Paige had to head home, and Kelli and I went back to her house to get cleaned up and have a costume change...the next set being NERDS! We went to Shelly's house where she had halloween decorations up everywhere...including her garage! There were two beer pong tables set up, with black lights along the floor and the fog machine going. And I must say... me and Taylor (also known as the "Eli Rejects" kicked some butt at beer pong!) It was an overall fun night, I loved getting to see everyone's costumes. I headed home early to talk to Kevin for a little while before I went to bed since I was so exhausted!

I still feel like I am trying to catch up on my sleep, but I am getting there. This weekend I look foward to having a very slow and calm weekend with my mom and Lauren (even though Lauren is NEVER home). I have a feeling it will consist of lots of movies, some wine, and a few tears. Sunday Lauren has a soccer game in Conroe, and I'm so excited Paige is coming to watch with us. She is the varsity coach for Cy-Falls and has scheduled a scrimage against the Huntsville team for sometime in January, so she is going to be "checking out" some of our players...HA!

Now I just have to get through the next 3 days...

1 comment:

The Jeanes Family said...

Heck Yeah!!! I am coming to scout out the talent!! Watch out Huntsville!!!