Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Anticipation

Week 4...who seriously counts down time by weeks these days? Oh yea...I do! Kevin's A-School is 18 weeks long, so we are down to 12 weeks left! What a difference this has been from when he left for boot camp. If A-school were as long as boot camp, he would be half way, but instead he is less than a quarter of the way through! But on the upside... at week 6 I get to go see my beloved hubby. For those of you who didn't know, Kevin is currently attending a training program in Petaluma, California and if everything stays on track he will "graduate" on March 5, 2010 (Paige, your baby better come early!). Although the plans are still in the works, it is our goal that I get to fly to visit him November 27-December 1. I am so anxious at this point! It absolutely kills me to go this long without getting to see, touch, hug, or kiss my husband of 15 months! I wake up every morning hoping that this has all just been a dream and I will open my eyes to see his peaceful face sleeping (well, more like wake up to his jack hammer snoring!) Although this is probably one of the toughest things to go through, I do know that in the end it just shows me that I can not live without him. I feel like our marriage and our relationship is sealed completely, and nothing can tarnish it. He is who "fills me up" inside, because with him gone I feel completely empty. He is my world, my soul mate, my best friend.

We've started talking about what we want to do while I am there visiting and I feel like there just wont be enough time to do it all! I know that for sure I want to go to Napa Valley, along with visiting San Francisco and getting to see the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. He is also very close to the red wood forests so being the Parks and Recreation major that I am, I am DYING to go there! We really wont have but Saturday and Sunday to do much, since Monday he will have class until about 3 in the afternoon and I will fly out on Sunday, but the thing that I am most excited about seeing (and doing...) is Kevin (hey! we are still "newly weds").

A few pictures of the things I can't wait to see!




























2 comments:

Kelly said...

I don't know how you do it! My hubby is gone for a week at a time and I hate it.

You should definitely go see the red wood forests... I can't tell you about it from experience, but my husband goes to San Fransisco a lot of work and the forests are his absolute favorite place he's been to yet. He always makes sure to visit while there. I can't wait to go someday too!

Hope to see you again soon! If you ever want to visit Austin you have a place to stay!! :)

The Jeanes Family said...

First let me say that you are absolutely correct about the jackhammer snoring. Been there, listened to that, MARDI GRAS!! Also, quit being a gross newlywed and talking about doing "it" hahah JK. love you and cant wait to see you saturday. We are all very PROUD of Kevin!!