Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Goals

Okay... I realize that it isn't even December yet, but I have been working on my list of "New Year Resolutions" if you want to call it that. I like to consider it facing harsh reality, staying strong, and giving myself GOALS. Since it is hard to imagine what my life will be like in 5 years (since Kevin could possibly be out of the military at that point!) I have decided to come up with a list of things I would like to accomplish within the next year. So by November 18, 2010 I would HOPE that I am able to check off every item on my "to-do list". Here is my list, and it is not in any sort of order based on importance, because the overall goal is to just achieve them all!

#1.) GRADUATE! So obviously this one is pretty self explanatory. And with graduation, comes my Aggie Ring. I stated school at A&M in 2004... and although I would LOVE to be able to take classes this upcoming spring and be done my May 2010, there are just a few milestones I have to figure out before this can happen. But, like I said... I WILL be done with school within a year. I have all of my credits (excluding statistics), but my GPA is too low. I just need to get really focused, and put forth every bit of effort I have left to make the A's that I need and to be done FOREVER! I have put too much time and money into this to not finish. My mom has been a huge help with this as well. She never finished college, and now at 49 years old she will be graduating from Sam Houston State University on December 19, 2009! (about a month before she will turn 50) I have seen how hard it is for her to work full time, have kids, and try to go back to school. I want to make sure that I have my degree and education taken care of before life gets any more hectic.


#2.) To find a job that I love (and pays decent). It is always difficult to find a new job, and with the way the economy is right now, it seems nearly impossible. I am just hoping and praying that I will be able to find the perfect job once we find out where we are moving. I don't want to work once I do have the opportunity to have a baby, but in the mean time, I want to be able to make enough that we can live comfortably and start building a good "nest egg" for ourselves.
#3.) Get to my ideal weight! I have been working on weight loss probably since I graduated high school, but didn't take it seriously and actually start seeing results until 6 months ago. To this day, I have lost 30 pounds, and although that is a great amount of weight, my BMI still considers me overweight. My goal is to get to a healthy weight and BMI, which will mean losing between another 10-30 pounds. My goal weight has always been 130, for as long as I can remember. Now I see that its not so much about what the scale says, but how I feel. I have taken this step for myself, because I was tired of not feeling good about me. I would like to lose another 20 pounds, but it is going to take a lot of hard work and determination, which leads me into my next goal...
#4.) To train and compete in a half marathon on February 27, 2010 in Fort Worth, TX. This is probably the most short term goal that I have throughout this list, in the fact that I want to accomplish this within 3 months. This weekend will be the last weekend before Kevin graduates from A-School. It would be such a huge reward for me, to know that I put forth enough effort, energy, and will power to finish a run that is 13.1 miles long! This is what I need to help kick start the rest of my weight loss journey, and to get me in the best shape of my life! Because the goal I have after this will require taking very good care of my body!


#5.) You guessed it... my truly deep passion, to become pregnant again. Of coarse Kevin and I would love to see each other at Christmas, and be able to get pregnant right then, and have a chance at another baby. But the reality of that happening is not very comforting. I feel like the earliest we would even be able to start trying again would be in March once he is done with school. My whole attitude towards this, this time around, is that I am not going to stress and try to force this to happen when I want it to. I learned from the miscarriage that God is in control and has a plan, so when it is the right time, it will happen (but I'm hoping it will be within the next year!) And I'm not saying I want to have a baby to hold in my arms within the next year, I just want to become pregnant and stay pregnant sometime within this next year. (I used that same kind of pregnancy test, and it was the most thrilling, heart racing feeling to see those tiny little words)

#6.) to get a new car!! Well, more than likely it will be used...but new to us! Both of our cars are 10 years old (almost 11!) and have well over 150,00 miles. Mine actually is closer to 209,000 miles at this point! I'm not exactly sure what kind of car I want, but I have been torn between the Ford Edge and the Expedition for a long time! I figure whatever car we do get, we will have for another 7 years or so, so I want to make sure that I get something that my family can grow into. I of coarse would love to get another Toyota 4-Runner or Sequoia, but those are just a little out of our price range at this point.




So there you have it... and stay tuned within the next year to find out when I am able to "check" something off of my list!!
Ohh... and only 4 more full days until we get the list of "picks" for our next station! I can't wait!!


No comments: