Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 2, 2012

Super Late 10 Month Post


The older Kael gets, the harder it seems to find the time to sit and update his monthly milestones. He is into EVERYTHING and I seriously can't sit at the computer while he is awake unless Kevin is home to keep him entertained.

This month Kael moved out of the infant room at daycare, and into the "waddler" room. Technically, it is still considered the infant room, but is separated by a half door, and has the mobile infants that are between 10-16 months old. It is crazy to think, that this summer he will be moving up to the Toddler room... I am definitely not ready for that!

Things have been pretty dull around here. We have had a rough winter, which has kept us cooped up indoors. I can't wait for it to warm up... I know Kael is going to LOVE the little playground in front of our house.

We are still struggling (BIG TIME) with sleep. On a good night, he still wakes up 2-3 times (and that is with him sleeping in our bed). I feel so defeated, and don't know what to do anymore. I try not feeding him to break the habit, but he then wakes up EVERY hour until he is finally fed. I really could break down and cry when I really think about it. I am so sleep deprived and feel like I am barely able to function. Kevin and I have yet to go on a date (other than his Christmas party) since Kael was born, knowing that he wont sleep, making it hard on a babysitter, and hard on ourselves for staying up late. It is to the point where I really wish there was some sort of specialist you could take babies to that would just solve their sleeping issues. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! We have tried EVERYTHING and letting him cry only seems to cause more problems.

Other than that, my sweet little boy is perfect (in my eyes!) :)

He is...
1.) weighing in at 19 pounds
2.) wearing 12 month clothes and size 3 diapers
3.) still breastfeeding, with one formula bottle at daycare
4.) eating strictly table food, and eats everything we eat...he isn't picky at all!
5.) standing unsupported for brief amounts of time
6.) up to 3 teeth! :)
7.) very very vocal! He favors "dada" but is constantly making some sort of sound/talking. I can't figure out what he is trying to say, but there is a lot of dooo's and nanana's
8.) And lastly... he is Mr. Personality! There is not a day that goes by that he does not crack me up. I love watching him play, and figure things out. He is so funny, and so smart. Thankfully I think he got the best of both Kevin and I.

Lastly, I have started planning his birthday party, which is a total wake up call. Thanks to Pinterest, I now feel as though anything store bought, just can't be good enough for my sweet baby boy, so I must attempt to make it all (and then figure out how to ship it down to Texas). We are actually having two parties for him, one in Alaska and one in Texas. Obviously the Texas one will be much bigger, and I feel as if an event planner might be necessary (not really, but it is going to be THAT big). Oh! And we have decided the theme will be "pirate" since his party will be at South Padre Island.

Happy 10 months sweet boy! You have made my life so much better, and remind me each and every day just how good life is! :)






1 comment:

Kelly said...

I just cannot get over all that hair!!! He's only 10 months! I'm jealous. :)

I hope the sleep thing gets better. I have NO IDEA how you are alive at this point. We haven't had to do that since the first few weeks and I can't even imagine 10 months later. Hope you catch a break soon. Good thing they are adorable and sweet, right!?!?! :)