An example of a change that I am beyond THRILLED about is the fact that this is my last week at the Child Development Center! It has been a great place to work for the past two years, and I have met some great girls working there, but on a personal level, it was time to move on. I have struggled since Kael was born. I was lucky enough to work with him right beside me, but I always wished I could just stay home with him. I also had a difficult time once I received my degree. I felt as though I deserved more. I worked so hard to finish school, and to have a job where I was not using my degree, got under my skin. I found myself constantly looking for other jobs, but anytime I found one I was interested in, my mind flooded with Kael and the thought of not seeing him all day long. I am just not to a point where I am okay to do that yet. Thankfully the perfect opportunity arose, and here we are! Only one week of work left, and I am so excited I could do a happy dance.
An example of a change that I am NOT excited about is the fact that Kael will be turning ONE! I don't know how it is possible. I LOVE the little boy he has turned into, but this is such a huge reminder that he is not a baby anymore. And with that, there are even more changes on the horizon. Weaning him from breastfeeding and bottles. Introducing milk. Getting him hard soled shoes because he is walking everywhere now. Moving into a new car seat. Don't get me wrong. I love watching him grow and change, and he really is becoming so much fun! But I really miss the baby stage. And to be honest, I am really sad about giving up breastfeeding. It's just such a special time between the two of us that will be hard to say goodbye to, especially right before bedtime.
A few other recent changes include the addition of another vehicle to our household. Don't get too excited... it isn't anything special, but boy do I love it! We are now the owners of a 1996 4x4 Tahoe- and it is the best decision we ever made! Sure, it is older... but it runs great, it was paid for in cash, I don't have to take and pick up Kevin from work anymore, and it is 4-wheel drive! And considering snow is STILL in the forecast for the next week, it was the best move we could have done.
This Saturday, March 31st, is Kael's Kodiak birthday party. I can't believe it is already time to celebrate. I'm sure I will have plenty of pictures to post!

1 comment:
Yay! So excited that you are wrapping it up at work. I know that was a stress on you and am so glad you are happy now!
It is tough watching them grow. SO so bittersweet. I'm constantly torn between nostalgia and looking forward to fun things.
Post a Comment