Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 4, 2012

11 Months!

I knew this was coming... the day that I would realize that you aren't really a "baby" anymore. I definitely did not think it would come this soon, but you have grown into such a sweet little boy over this past month, and I have been having mixed emotions about this. The day you turned 11 months, I held you and cried. It's such a wake up call that you will be a year old soon, and although I have loved every minute of watching you grow, it has gone by WAY to fast!


With every passing month, I think to myself that things can't get any better, but somehow they do! You have become so much fun, and we actually get to sit and play with each other. You love playing "chase" with me, dad, and Winston. I actually think you enjoy playing with Winston the most... you laugh hysterically and come around the couch crawling as fast as you can and try to climb into my lap. It makes me laugh every time, and I can't help but melt at the sound of your laughter. Your new favorite toys are the Fisher Price Little People (you walk around with one in your mouth and one in each hand...it's pretty funny).

Speaking of walking... You are walking now!! It is in small bursts, and when you want to go somewhere quick, you drop down to the floor to crawl or get ahold of your walker (I swear you can run with that thing!). You participated in mini-olympics at school this month, and were considered "most athletic". Your favorite event was weight lifting (water bottles full of sand), but you also excelled in the shopping cart relay. :)


We celebrated your first Valentines Day, and you actually had your first Valentine at school. Her name is Abrie, and she is your best friend. She brought you a real gift, packed full of all of your favorite snacks and a card that she signed herself. You took Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Valentines to all of your classmates, and gave Abrie a book and some bubble bath (because what girl doesn't love bubble bath!). She has been out of town for 2 weeks, and you crawl around every day looking for her.

You are an eating machine these days. I am honestly worried you are going to eat us out of house and home when you are a teenager. Some of your favorites are spaghetti, fajitas, rice, bananas, oranges, blueberries, waffles, dry chex cereal, string cheese, and yogurt. You are a master with your sippy cup, and actually drink 2-3 full cups of water a day. You typically nurse 4-5 times a day with one bottle of formula at school. In roughly 2 weeks, we will start introducing cow's milk and start trying to slowly wean you off of bottles/nursing. I think I will have a harder time with it, than you.

Kael Liam, I love you to the moon and back!



No comments: