Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Big Changes Going On Over Here!

I know your thinking, "WOAH! An update besides Kael's monthly update..." and you're right. I have gotten to where I completely neglect this blog, but this mamma has no time. I wish it were easier to post an update from phone, then maybe I would post more. That's it... a blogger app! That would be pretty nifty.

Anyway...

There are some major changes going on in our lives right now, that I felt the desire need to share.
1.) Kael is SLEEPING!! WOO HOO!! For two weeks now he has slept all night in his crib. He completely weaned himself off his night time nursing sessions, and typically sleeps 11-12 hours straight. It is pure heaven, and there is no way I will let it go this long with baby #2! There were a few tears shed, and even now he cries a little every night. The biggest difference is now that he is almost a year, I guess I feel like I can handle listening to him cry a little better. Regardless, I go to bed every night missing him. I loved having him so close to me, but did not love getting hit and kicked all night long. He must have been uncomfortable as well, because he seems to sleep much better in his own space. I also miss getting to nurse/rock him to sleep. He has started "fighting" the rocking, and actually does better when we put him in his crib still awake. He does cry, but only for a few minutes, and then puts himself to sleep. I'm hoping the longer we continue this, the less crying there will be, but 5 minutes of crying followed by 12 hours of sleep is SOOO worth it!

2.) We have got ourselves a walker! He pretty much walks all the time now. He can still be wobbly, and fall over, but he just picks himself back up and keeps on trucking. I don't think I have seen him crawl this entire week. I am so proud of him, and LOVE watching him teeter toter across the house all day, but now I know we are in for trouble. My biggest fear is the amount of bumps and bruises that are bound to happen. He has already gotten his first fat lip (that happened at school last week) and I am deathly afraid that he is going to knock a tooth out. Another joy of having a walker... he does not want to be held at all anymore! :( It is a struggle to get him to sit in the cart at the grocery store now, and just wants to be able to walk around the store. Where has my baby gone?!? (check out my facebook to see the latest video of our visit to a store...)

3.) And I have a big change going on in my life as well. Drum roll please..... I put my resignation letter in and my last day of work will be March 30th! It has been pretty rough there for a while, and I have really struggled with my boss and how certain things are handled. After my last "instance" I began looking for something else. I was really torn because I didn't want to keep Kael in daycare if I couldn't be there to keep an eye on him, but knew that I needed to bring home a little bit to help pay for my student loans. Thankfully a girl that works with Kevin just had a baby and was looking for a nanny. We met with one another and I got to meet her daughter (who was 10 weeks old at the time) and she got to meet Kael. I knew instantly that it was exactly what I was looking for. She offered me the job last week, and I get to start once we get back from our trip to Texas.

4.) Ok, this one isn't as exciting, but I'm so anxious I can barely stand it! We only have a year left before we transfer!! YAY!! Kodiak definitely has it's positive and negatives. The biggest negative is being so far from our family and friends. But the good news is, we will put in our list of picks in September and should know where we will be moving in December. Once we know what state we will be living in, I plan to start working towards my alternative teaching certification so I can try and get a teaching position once we move. Anyone that can offer some insight into that process, any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!


No comments: