Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chronicles of a Sleep Deprived Mom (Overview)

I realize I never finished my "series" on our attempts at getting Kael to sleep through the night by letting him cry it out (CIO). The funny thing is, once I am not so sleep deprived, I find myself much more willing to get things done around the house, leaving me with less time to fart around on the computer (which ends up in blogging).

But here we are again...

For a brief summary, the CIO method seemed to work pretty well for us. By the third night, he was sleeping straight through from 7pm-5am, wake to nurse, and go back to sleep until 7am. And I was perfectly okay with that. I figured 10 hours, being breastfed, was a good run for my money.

And then Kael learned to pull himself up to stand ::sigh::

And we are right back to square one. No sleep. And now I have no clue how to let him CIO when he is standing in his crib. He doesn't know how to get down, and seems to panic when he realizes this. His cries have turned into screams which are just heart wrenching. I am seriously at a loss at this point.

I feel like I am waving the white flag and admitting my defeat. I feel like I am going to just have to suck it up and deal with this until he turns one and is off bottles. And this thought makes me want to break down and cry! I am exhausted. Physically and mentally. I know I am not functioning at full capacity, but there is nothing I can do about it. I have lost all focus on my weight loss and running. I can feel myself slipping, and I hate it.

Any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated! I don't know what to do anymore...


No comments: