Night 3-Sunday:
He went down at his normal time (7pm), and made it until 3:30. When I heard him through the monitor and saw what time it was, I figured he had made more progress and we were still headed in the right track. But the crying continued... and continued.... and continued. He would start of strong and loud, get softer, and eventually fade into silence. Right would I would think he was asleep, it would start over again. I knew he was tired, but he was seriously fighting it. I went in and patted after 5, 10, 15 minutes. He was still going strong, and he seemed to grow more upset each time I went in- so I stopped. I sat in bed and listened to the monitor. Eventually after an hour passed I caved. I went in and fed him around 4:30. He was asleep when I laid him back down and he slept until 6:30.
It was definitely much tougher than the night before, but I'm hoping with the longer he stretches his sleep out, he will eventually get to a total of 9-10 hours with no wakings at all. I can work with that for a while until we can eventually work up to dropping that early morning feeding.
His naps have somewhat reverted to their old selves.
Sunday he had 2 naps that were each an hour long. Still an improvement, but his second nap was pretty early, so he was a grump around 5pm.
Monday naps were not so good (after our tough night). He took 3 naps. His first was 30 minutes, his second an hour and 15 minutes, and his third 20 minutes.
We are still working on the whole napping thing, and I am really nervous to see how it goes tomorrow at day care (he has a really though time napping with loud noises around him).

No comments:
Post a Comment