First of all... I just noticed that my "one month old" post for Kael has seemed to have disappeared... or I just never actually posted it. hmmm.... the brain of a new mom! I guess I will go back and see if I can find it somewhere!
But the real reason I'm posting is because I am so proud of my little (ish) man! Today he is 7 weeks old, and I'm proud to say that he has slept through the night for the past 3 nights in a row!! I can't believe it!
Night 1: 9:45-6:45 (9 hours)
Night 2: 9:15-4:15 (7 hours) ate and went right back to sleep 4:30-8:30 (4 hours) total= 11 hrs.
Night 3: 9:30-7:30 (10 hours)
I am in total shock! Mainly because it felt like it came out of nowhere. It wasn't a gradual increase like what I was expecting. He jumped from sleeping 4 hours at a time with the occasional 5 hours stretch, to all night long!
I know that he went through a growth spurt last week, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. I've also read that once they reach 11 pounds their metabolism starts working more effectively and they are able to hold off longer between feedings. 14 pounds seems to be another magic number I have heard, and he is right between the two. Not to mention, he has totally mastered the art of sucking his thumb! I can hear him trying to find it in the middle of the night... sucking on his hand and arm until he finally gets the thumb. I was really hoping he wouldn't be a thumb sucker, but I guess there isn't much I can do about it now (and thankfully he only seems to do it to help himself fall asleep).
Well, Kael and I have a big day tomorrow and I have a lot to take care of so I better stop procrastinating and get to work while he is napping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment