Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

2 Months!

Kael ceases to amaze me each and every day. He has grown and changed so much, and has already developed his own little personality. Two months sounds like such a short amount of time, but the changes, development, and bonds that have been formed make it feel as though Kael has been a part of our life for much longer.

Since I have family in town, Kevin getting ready for work, and a baby who is wide awake, I'm going to just cut to the chase.

Kael had his 2 month appointment on June 10th. He weighed in at a whopping 13lbs 10ozs and 24.5 inches long! He is in the 75th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for height! I can't believe what a "tall" baby we have, considering neither Kevin or myself are very tall. He is right on track with his development, and personally I feel like he is slightly advanced (although that is coming from a very proud mother). He got his immunizations at this appointment, which included 3 shots and 1 oral vaccine. It broke me heart to watch his face go from content and clueless to full of pain. His cry and scream made my heart sink into my stomach and all I wanted to do was make everything better.

Now... all about Kael at 2 months:
1.) He is sleeping through the night...every night! Typically he eats at 8pm, is asleep by 8:30pm and wakes up around 6am. This makes for one happy mamma! :)
2.) He has mastered the art of sucking his thumb (and prefers his left one)
3.) He recognizes my voice and will look around the room until he finds me. Once he spots me, he gives me the biggest gummy grin that melts my heart every time!
4.) He is holding his head/neck up during tummy time and is able to push up with his arms to get his chest off the ground as well.
5.) He loves his bumbo chair! He is very content sitting in it and just looking around the room. It is shocking how alert he has become.
6.) He is now grabbing toys that are hanging in front of him, and holding onto them
7.) We are up to size 2 diapers
8.) In Carter's brand clothes, he is wearing 6 months. He can also fit into Circo (Target brand) 9 month onesies!
9.) He is beginning to push with his legs, and I have a feeling we will be pulling out the jump-a-roo/exersaucer in about 2 weeks.
10.) He will start going to work with me on Monday, June 20th! I still can't believe its already time to re-enter the "real" world!

No comments: