Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

One Month Old (finally found it!)

When Kael was about a week old, I was walking through the grocery store when a lady stopped to look at my "brand new" baby. She had three kids in tow, and looked at me with a smile and told me, "Enjoy it while it lasts... they don't stay this little for very long" and boy was she right!


2 days old

1 week old

2 weeks old

3 weeks old

One Month Old!!

In a month, Kael has grown and changed so much. It breaks my heart that he isn't that teeny tiny newborn anymore. Don't get me wrong... I love watching him grow and learning what his personality and temperament are going to be like. He melts my heart with his little smirks, and now that he is staying awake more, I am able to just gaze into his eyes.

His favorite "activities" so far are playing on his floor mat and taking baths. He loves cuddling and just looking around the room. He will follow a toy or my hand with his eyes, and is starting to wiggle around is he is laying on the floor or changing table. He still keeps his little hands in tight fists, but he waves them around all over the place!

We also hit a clothing milestone. The day Kael turned one month old, was the same day we packed up all of his newborn clothes. I shed a few tears as I was reminded that he wouldn't stay this little for very long. He is now wearing 0-3 or 3 month depending on the brand.

Since I have had to rewrite this post 3 times, I sadly don't remember what Kael's weight was at his 1 month appointment, but at his 2 week appointment he was 21 1/2 inches long, and 9lbs 4ozs. I want to say his weight was 10lbs 6ozs, but that is just off the top of my head. Needless to say... he is growing like a weed!

I can honestly say that we are very blessed with such a happy baby. He rarely cries, and for the most part that is only when he is hungry and getting sleepy. We have only had 3 nights where he screamed and wouldn't stop crying. It went on for 30 minutes to an hour, and I cried right along with him! He is on a very good schedule (we are using the book Baby Wise) of eat, play, sleep every 2.5-3 hours. He usually sticks right around the 2.5 hour mark during the day, and 4 hours at night.

Well, the little booger is waking up from his nap... better go!

No comments: