Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lions, and Tigers, and BEARS...Oh My!






My first bear sighting was tonight (August 28, 2010) at about 8:30 pm. The bottom two pictures are from my camera and lens... you can tell how far away the bear really was (don't worry mom!) A very nice man next to me had the same camera, but a MUCH better lens, and let me borrow is for a little bit, and those are the top two pictures. Obviously, a much bigger zoom!

It was so exciting to finally see one... I have been dying to since we got here. I was actually told where to go look earlier today, and I was able to talk Kevin into going and check it out with me. While we were driving down the road we could see cars lined up with people standing by the guard rail taking pictures. We knew there was a bear, so we stopped and ran over. Everyone was so friendly and talked to each other. Apparently, the same few bears are out in that area at the same time every night. I'm hoping I can get Kevin to go out again tomorrow a little earlier so we can catch the bear fishing.

In other exciting news... my mom got engaged tonight!! I still haven't heard the whole story, but her boyfriend Bruce (who I helped set her up with in the beginning) has been planning this for some time now. He actually sat and talked to my sister Lauren and called and talked to me pretty much ask our "permission". We both adore Bruce, and know that he will make my mom a very happy woman. I can't wait to talk to my mom tomorrow so I can hear all the juicy details!! :)

No comments: