Well hello there long lost friend! I'm so sorry I have been mistreating you! Things have been so busy and I have been so tired by the time I get home from work that I haven't had any creative juices running. Plus, to be completely honest... my life is pretty boring! I do have some upsetting news about the City of College Station and the EXIT Teen Center which is where I worked all through college, but I will save that post for when a little more information is released.
So onto why I decided to post tonight. First, Kevin is working nights so I am stuck at home watch the Disney Channel (don't judge...). Second of all, since Kevin is working tonight, he asked me to bring him some dinner. We have seen several commercials about these new tacos from Taco Bell called "cantina tacos". They resemble out favorite taqueria tacos, so we were pretty excited to try them out. Taco Bell is one of the 3 places we have to chose from, so new menu items is almost like a holiday! Here are the tacos I'm talking about...
So onto why I decided to post tonight. First, Kevin is working nights so I am stuck at home watch the Disney Channel (don't judge...). Second of all, since Kevin is working tonight, he asked me to bring him some dinner. We have seen several commercials about these new tacos from Taco Bell called "cantina tacos". They resemble out favorite taqueria tacos, so we were pretty excited to try them out. Taco Bell is one of the 3 places we have to chose from, so new menu items is almost like a holiday! Here are the tacos I'm talking about...

They look pretty good right?!? I mean... as far as fast food tacos can go! The onion, cilantro, and lime is what "makes" our favorite tacos- so these had to be just as good, right? WRONG!! First of all... every one of those ingredients that I was looking forward to was MISSING! All that was on my taco was tomato...which I hate! Thankfully we have limes at home (thanks to the in-laws!) so I scooped the tomato out, cut up some onion, squeezed some lime, and put some salsa on...by this time my mouth was watering! I took my first bite and my mouth was not very happy. I managed to think happy thoughts and ate 2 of the 3 tacos, before I felt like gagging. Not worth it at all! :sigh:
I guess I will just have to hold off until November to get some good tacos, but the wait will be well worth it!
On the topic of food... you would not realize how much one person could crave specific food until it is all taken away from you! I find myself dreaming about Chick-Fil-A, Whataburger, Cheddars, and all my favorite Mexican food places (Casa Rod, Taqueria La Mexicana, El Pato).
Thankfully we will be taking a day trip to Anchorage this Tuesday and we will at least have a few more food options. Although none of my "cravings" are there either, there are places like IHOP, Chili's, TGI Fridays, etc. I have a feeling they will have to roll me back onto the plane at the end of the day because I plan on eating something horribly fattening and delicious for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Well...now that I have made myself sound like the fattest woman on earth, I will be heading to bed to dream of chips and salsa. Hope you enjoy the rest of this weekend, and I promise that I will be updating more often!

No comments:
Post a Comment