So today is the second full day I have been home alone. Kevin left September 30th but I was able to see him that morning and watch him get sworn in. I will have pictures posted soon.
I was able to talk to him on the phone once he arrived at the Houston and Philledelphia airport. We texted for a while back and forth, but it was when he called at 6:30 pm from the bus to Cape May that really made everything a reality. He called to let me know he would be turning his phone off and that would be the last time we would be able to talk for five weeks.
I have been holding up pretty well, but then again it is only day 2. I think the whole concept has not totally sunk in yet, and I feel like he will be home in just a few days. If I stop and think about the big picture for too long I seem to get sick to my stomach and get a headache. I have realized I must just take things one day and a time and just focus on staying busy.
This will be the first weekend that he is gone. One of my best friends, Kelli, is in Florida visiting her boyfriend but my other best friend, Paige will be coming into town from Houston to help keep me preoccupied! At this point I want things to just slow down a little. I need some time to get everything back in order, clean, do laundry, and of coarse work on my school work that is never ending.
I keep running to the mailbox hoping to recieve notification that Kevin made it to training safely and the address I can send mail to. Other than blogging, writting letters seems to be my only source of communication (I guess with myself). The hardest thing about all of this so far is the lonliness. I feel so alone all day while I'm at school and work with nobody to call or text in between classes or when something funny or disasterous happens. But the truly hard part is coming home. There is so much around me that reminds me of him, which is a very good thing, but at the same time makes me miss him even more. I come home and it is just silent. I sit, not talking for hours at a time. But the quite is always so bad. Simple things like taking a shower have now become some of my favorite past times. It is a few minutes a day that I can feel "productive" but at the same time zone out and just think.
We will see how I feel a few weeks from now, but for now me and the boys (our three dogs) are doing fine and just taking everything one day at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lindsey Curry O'Connor, I am so so proud of you. You are being a champ and so brave, I am not sure I could handle it the way you do, or seem to do. I love you and Kevin with all of my heart(Keith does too).
There is actually a hymn that states, "One day at a time, sweet Jesus". Make that your mantra, Lindsey. I know it is not easy for you or Kevin, but you both are investing in the future of your marriage, and I am in awe of you both. Hugs and kisses, Shelley (your Godmama)
Post a Comment