Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reality

Well, we leave tomorrow to take Kevin to check in and get ready for leaving. This will be our last night we get to spend with eachother until after Thanksgiving, but this weekend has been perfect. We have been able to see my godmother, mom, and sister all wanting to wish Kevin the best of luck, and have spent every waking moment together. Friday Kevin got back from the valley and treated me to a very nice dinner at Red Lobster. We went back home and caught up on all the shows we had missed from last week (gotta love DVR!) Saturday we were truly bums! We went and saw Eagle Eye (we are big Shia LaBeouf fans!) then we went to Target to get a few last minute items Kevin needed for basics. After that we laid around the house watching movies, one of which was P.S. I Love You. Probably the worst movie we could have watched right as he is getting ready to leave but it is one of our favorites.

As it gets closer to Kevin leaving I try to just keep pushing it out of my mind. I have no idea how I will react Tuesday morning as he boards the plane. Some days I am okay and don't even think about it, others I seem to cry all day long. Once he leaves Tuesday I will get a phone call when he makes it to Philledelphia, then I wont hear his voice for about 4-5 weeks. They will send a letter letting me know he made it safely, and the address I can send mail to. I hear that recieving mail there is like Christmas morning, so please take a little time to write him and just let him know he is in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: