Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

The Future

This week has been a fairly emotional one for the both of us. Kevin will be leaving for basic training September 30th and will be gone for 8 weeks. He has been in the valley this whole week, which has given me the opportunity to see what it is going to be like not having him around, the only difference is I have been able to talk to him on the phone every day but while he is in training we will only be able to write letters to eachother.

As much as Kevin tries to hide his emotions I know this is going to be just as hard for him. He went to see his grandfather a lot while he was in the valley, and told me how his grandpa just cried and hugged him. I could hear Kevin holding back as if there was a knot in his throat, and it was then that I realized this is much bigger than just Kevin and I.

What makes things so much more difficult is the fact that Kevin will return for 5 days, then will be sent to wherever it is that we will end up living. We still wont know for probably another 6 weeks or so. We know we will not be in Texas, and will be in either North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, or Deleware. Kevin will more than likely be leaving around December 2nd (sometime during the first week of December) to move up there. I will have to finish up school, then I will be leaving on December 15th. The drive is about 22 hours from where we are, and we will be making it seperately since we have to be there at different times (looks like our christmas gift to eachother will be a GPS!)

So besides Kevin leaving for basic training, what else will be appearing in the near future for the O'Connors you may be asking... Well, I will be graduating from Texas A&M December 13, 2008! (FINALLY!!!) I will also be looking foward to Thanksgiving break since this will be when I get to fly to New Jersey for Kevin's Coast Guard graduation. I have not been on a plane by myself ever, and I have not been on a plane since March of 2001!! I know it is going to be hard being all alone on Thanksgiving, but seeing KEvin first thing Friday morning will make everything worth it!!

Please stay posted, once I find out about our future with the Coast Guard I will let you know!

No comments: