Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

So Much to be Thankful For...

Wow! Thanksgiving came and went in a blink of an eye! We had a great day, hosting Thanksgiving at our house, celebrating Kael's first turkey day, plotting our black friday routes, and enjoying a 4 day weekend. Sadly, I must admit... I felt as if I didn't get to fully enjoy the day as much as I was hoping for. I was cooking or cleaning from sun up to sun down (well, even longer since we only getting about 6 hours of sunlight right now). Thankfully, we have definitely set some new traditions, including a few recipes that were to die for! I also learned my lesson, and now know better for Christmas.

So since the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving has passed, I am finally finding the time to sit and write. I have so much to be thankful for this year, it is overwhelming. More than ever, I am taking a step back and looking at the little things. The things that I take for granted everyday, and the things that I complain about the most. In this holiday season I am always reminded of those who are less fortunate, and it always helps to keep me grounded.

So here we go, my "list" of all the wonderful things in my life!
  • First of all, I am thankful for living in Kodiak. Although it has been a huge adjustment and I feel like I hate it at times, it is where Kevin and I have been the most successful- financially, fertility wise, my employment, and Kevin's advancements. This place has been good for us, and even though we can't wait to be close to family again, this has brought 'our' family closer than ever.
  • I am thankful for our health. Something so simple, yet so life altering.
  • I am thankful for our beautiful baby boy. And more importantly- his health as well.
  • I am thankful for our tiny 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment. It may not be ideal, but we have a roof over our head, beds to sleeps on, and food at our table.
  • I am thankful for our 2005 Pacifica that we bought used and are still making payments on. It may not be fancy or new, but we have a reliable family car that gets us to where we need to go.
  • I am thankful for our jobs. There might me times where we wish we made more, but in times like these, we are lucky to have a job at all.
  • I am thankful for our student loan payments. As much as they suck us dry every month, they are a constant reminder that we have our education- and that is something that can never be taken away.
  • I'm thankful for technology. Even though we live thousands of miles away, technology makes it possible to see our family face to face during the holidays (and every other day as well!)
  • I'm thankful for amazing friends, far and near. The kind that you can not talk to for weeks or months, but once you are able to finally catch up, you don't even miss a beat!
  • And of coarse, I am thankful for my wonderful husband and perfect son. I can't imagine life without them!
I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season, had a great Thanksgiving, and have a very Merry Christmas!



No comments: