Wow... I have been working on this post for TWO weeks now. It has been sitting in my edit folder for days, and every time I sit down to finish, I find something else that seems to need my attention right away. But here you go (finally!)
It is getting harder and harder to get a good picture of him...He just wont sit still!
This past month has honestly been the most fun we have had so far. He is getting to that age where he is just FUN. He has such a big personality, and I love getting to see him shine through. We did a lot to take in and enjoy Fall (since November typically brings snow in Alaska), and to prepare for his first Halloween.
This past month has been a HUGE one developmentally, but more than anything, he is recognizing the people around him. We dealt with a little bout of stranger anxiety and are still dealing with separation anxiety (he wants mom ALL.THE.TIME.) He is very aware of the people around him, and it takes him a while to warm up to new ones. He loves his teachers and greets them every morning with a huge smile. They really are like extended family, and I'm so thankful for those girls (they are some of the best friends I have here). He is close with them, and loves sitting in their laps to read books or to just get a little extra attention. He knows who his mommy and daddy are, and gets VERY excited to see either of us. The best feeling in the entire world is walking into the house after leaving him with Kevin, and him crawling up to me as fast as he can, laughing the entire way. He is genuinely excited to see us when we have been gone, and gives the best hugs and kisses once he is picked up.
A few random tidbits on eating:
*He is still breastfeeding, and I'm pretty sure we will stick it out the entire first year. There are days I want to throw in the towel because it dictates my schedule so much, and I keep thinking about our vacation in January, but I know those are selfish reasons, and could never give it up for that.
*He has ZERO teeth
*He is eating like a champ. He has tried chicken and turkey purees (mixed with veggies), and really likes it. He is also feeding himself. We started with mum-mums, which to this day are his favorite. He also feeds himself puffs and yogurt drops, and really enjoys those as well!
He has mastered crawling, and is ALL OVER the place now! I thought we had the house baby proofed, but boy was I wrong! I have had to say so long to my candles, a good amount of picture frames, and all my nice knick knacks around the house. We have tried to hide every cord imaginable and besides vacuuming every night, I am having to stay on top of sweeping/mopping and now dusting (since his little hands and mouth are on every piece of furniture we own). And as if the crawling didn't keep us busy enough, he has now masted pulling up to stand AND getting down. He seems to enjoy teething on our entertainment center and end tables as well...
Kael had his first school picture day this month as well. Kevin had been in Anchorage for a training, and was able to stop by a mall and pick up a few things for Kael. I actually gave him the freedom to pick out Kael's picture day outfit! :) The picture came out pretty funny (he was pretty confused by the whole process, did a little crying, and would not smile) so we did a mini photo shoot at home (it wasn't much better).
He had his first trip to the park in our beautiful Alaska fall weather.

And we enjoyed lots more time outside while the weather was still nice. We also had lots of fun with pumpkins!

We enjoyed his first Halloween this month as well. First, he participated in a costume parade at school, where he got to show off his lobster costume (thank you Nana and Popdaddy). After school, we stopped by the gym to check out the CDC party which included a bounce house and some other fun stuff that was just a little too big for him. We went home and changed into our warm Superman costume, and walked around the neighborhood with two other families for trick or treating. He didn't last too long, he was ready for bed and it was pretty chilly, but overall it was a great experience. Sadly, Kevin had to work that day so he missed out on it all. The joys of being a military family...
We also had his 6 month photo shoot the day he turned 7 months. We had some scheduling issues, thanks to Kevin's schedule (surprise surprise!) but regardless, I am so excited to see them. I have only seen one picture so far, but I know they are going to be amazing. I'm hoping to get them all right before Thanksgiving. He was such a handful, considering he doesn't sit in one spot for longer than about 2 seconds, but Amy Earle with Simply B Photos never fails to amaze me with her talent and patience!
Look at that cute naked body!! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment