Every month I think to myself... how is this possible?!? It is amazing how fast time flies by when you want to cherish every single moment. I look at Kael every morning and wonder to myself, "is it possible that I love him even more than yesterday?" I feel like with every day that passes, my heart just grows a little bit more. I miss having a newborn, but getting to look at a smile like this one...

Makes everything that much more exciting. It makes me excited to watch his personality continue to grow, each milestone, his first steps, his first words... there is just so much to look forwards to! Although I can already tell I am going to have my hands full! He is not "easy going"- but rather a busy body. He gets bored quickly, and wants to go, go, go!
At about 3 months, 3 weeks Kael found his toes... and has become obsessed! Anytime he lays on his back, he immediately grabs his toes. He is slowly starting to figure out how to put them in his mouth as well. I can't put him in his bumbo seat anymore either, since all he does is bend over and grab at his feet and try to pull them to his mouth- it pretty much defeats the purpose of the chair!

At 3 months, 2 weeks Kael rolled over from back to belly... and hasn't stopped! He doesn't stay on his back for very long before he flips himself over. After 2 weeks of rolling like this, he learned how to roll back and forth between back and belly. I will walk out of the kitchen into the living room, and he will be half way to the kitchen, leaving his blanket far behind! Once he got the hang of rolling down, he began pivoting. Once he gets himself onto his belly, he pivots himself around in a circle until he can see what it is he is looking for, or grab the toy he wants. Needless to say... I don't think we have much longer before he begins scooting and crawling (which is scary to think about!).

This is the 8th week that he has been in daycare (and I have been back to work!) Seriously?! How did that happen?!? As much as I dreaded having to put him in daycare, I am actually really glad that he is there. It's amazing to watch him already interacting with the other babies. He loves to watch the older babies crawl past him (he tries to grab their hair!) or jump up and down in the exersaucer next to him. He smiles at them, and even reaches out to touch their hands or feet. There are two other babies that are just days apart from him (and another one about to start soon), so half the class is 4 month olds! It's interesting to see where each of them are at developmentally, and to see how they each grow and learn at their own rate.

We have also started rice cereal. I am using Earth's Best Organic Whole Grain cereal, and he LOVES it. He is eating about 2-3 tablespoons with an ounce of breast milk for breakfast and dinner. He devours it! He has come a long way with the spoon, and has no problems with it anymore. I am still debating when we will start fruits and vegetables. I know it is a sore topic with most parents, as far as when you should start, but his doctor told us that as soon as he is comfortable with the spoon and cereal, to go ahead and start slowly adding in the rest. I plan on making my own, and will probably start him off with avocado and green beans. I'd like to wait until he is 5 months, but with the rate he is going, I wouldn't be surprised if I started earlier.
This past Friday, he had his 4 month well child check. He is 26 1/4 inches long (90th percentile) and 15 pounds 13 ounces (50-75th percentile). They are still concerned about the flat spot on the one side of his head, and continue to gripe at me to keep him off the back of his head. I don't know how to do that anymore! He rarely does lay on his back other than when he is sleeping, and I switch which direction he is lying each night. My biggest fear is that they will eventually tell us that he will need a helmet to reshape his head, although I really doubt his flat spot is that bad.
He is still doing good with his sleep, going from 8pm-5am pretty much every night. He eats at 5, then goes back to sleep until 7:30am. He is starting to stretch his feedings out to 2.5-3 hours during the day. He typically takes 3-4 naps, each lasting about an hour. He is becoming very predictable, in the sense that he is eating and napping at almost the exact same times each day.
We have moved up to size 3 diapers, and he is now wearing 6-9 month clothes.
He is vocal, and loves chatting away with anyone who will listen. He is starting to say "ba" and use consonant sounds. He has the sweetest laugh, and singing, tickling, big/dramatic bounces on your knee, and kissing his neck will make him giggle.
He is losing the hair on the right side of his head :( He looks like he has a real old-man comb over now! It breaks my heart, but I know it will grow back. We still aren't completely sure what color hair he is going to have. Some days it looks very light and golden brown, but other days it looks much darker with a red tinge. I guess only time will tell! We have also agreed that we will cut his hair at 6 months. I'm ready to cut it now! His mullet is BAD, and the top is so long I can't even try to spike it up anymore, but Kevin is the one putting his foot down on this matter.
My heart is happy... I love my son more than words can express, and every night before I go to bed I can't help but thank God for giving me everything that I have ever wanted. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment