Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reality

After reading a friend's blog last night, I laughed to myself as I began to realize something. While I was pregnant, I had all sorts of "ideas" as to how I would do things once my bundle of joy arrived. Of coarse, the majority of them went straight out the window once Kael joined us, and I'm just wondering if this is how most moms have felt.

Here are a few examples:

Thought- My baby will not leave the house (except for Dr. visits) until he is 6 weeks old.
Reality- After his Dr. appointment at 4 days old, we made a trip to Walmart and went and had Mexican food

Thought- He will only sleep in his pack-n-play in our room until he is a month old
Reality- He is still sleeping there... and he is 4 months old!

Thought- I wont cut his hair until he is a year old
Reality- I would cut it right now if Kevin would let me! Our agreement is 6 months

Thought-He is going to wear baby jeans and shoes everyday (just because they are so cute!)
Reality- He wears "stretchy" pants when he is at daycare, but as soon as we get home even those get stripped off! I would rather him be comfy than cute

Thought- I'll breastfeed for 3 months MAX
Reality- I have fallen in love with breastfeeding, and will probably continue until he is one (the fact that he refuses formula plays a role in that decision as well...)

Thought- No trying for another baby until he is at least two
Reality- I think about having another baby ALL.THE.TIME. I feel really guilty about it too. Will we try for another one right now... NO WAY, but I'm pretty sure once he is a year old we will start trying again.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

LOL So true...

I think about having another baby all the time too, but I want Maggie to have all of my attention for at least the first year. I'm so itching to TTC again though when she turns 1!