A lot has changed over the past few weeks, the biggest thing being the fact that we don't get to stay at home and play with each other all day long anymore. I went back to work on June 20th, and although he is in the same room as me, it just isn't the same. I have 7 other babies that I am taking care of, and we rarely have a moment to sit and play or talk. I am lucky in the fact that I usually get to breastfeed him once or twice while I am there. He still gets a bottle around lunch time, but it is so nice to take 10 minutes to sit and feed him and "reconnect". I also went to part-time, so I get off at 2pm instead of 5pm now. It is kind of like the best of both worlds. I am still able to help financially, I get to have a few hours which include adult interaction, and Kael gets to learn social skills and play with new toys. But then we get to come home early enough that we still get plenty of time to spend with each other before he has to go to bed. It also gives me more time to get things done around the house, and not feel like I am going non-stop from sun up to sun down (although the sun isn't really going down at this point...)
We have had a few issues with Kael recently. We are still dealing with the reflux, which causes him to spit up massive amounts at a time. He literally goes through about 6 outfits a day (and that is with him wearing a bib as well!). He has also developed a rash on his face. We have taken him in on two different occasions to have it looked at, and I think we finally have it under control. The first appointment ended with the doctor telling us that he thought he was allergic to something I was eating, and had me cut out dairy for two weeks. If that made it go away, we knew the problem. Well... it didn't go away. So we went back on Friday, and the doctor we saw at this appointment (he was an Aggie!!) thought it is just an extreme case of eczema. He told us to put hydrocortizone cream on his face twice a day, and to put vasoline on it, at every diaper change. I thought he was full of it... but after only 2 days, the rash has gone away! His face looks like a big ol' grease ball with that vasoline on it, but if it keeps the rash away, we will deal with that (although I miss giving him kisses on the cheeks!).
Since we were just at the doctor, I know what his weight is as well. He is now up to 14 pounds 8 ounces! His weight gain is slowing, and he actually doesn't seem as chunky as he used to, but he is still such a big boy!
Speaking of being a big boy, here are some of Kael's "talents" at 3 months old:
1.) He is learning to actually enjoy tummy time. He does great holding his head/chest up, and is starting to kick his legs around as well. He is also starting to rock, and has come close to rolling over, but hasn't gotten there yet.
2.) He loves his bumbo! He enjoys watching the dogs run by him, or following my voice around the room. He has even started to watch TV (not sure that is a good thing...) He typically only looks at it when he hears music (his new favorite show is Glee!)
3.) He is doing LOTS with his hands. He folds them together on his chest, he loves holding rattles (except when he hits himself in the face with it), he will pull his pacifier out (and then get really mad), and he pulled my glasses off my face yesterday!
4.) He is a huge fan of his jump-a-roo. The swing has been put away for good, and has been replaced with something that he enjoys 10x more. He is so entertained while he is in the jump-a-roo. He does great putting pressure on his legs, and sometimes gets to excited he looks like "Happy Feet".
5.) We are still having some issues with his sleep. It has gotten much better, but it is just much more unpredictable. For the most part, he will go to bed at 8pm, and wake up around 5:30am to eat, then goes back to sleep until 7:30am, which is when I wake him up to get ready to go to work/daycare. I'm not sure why he is getting up for that feeding at 5:30am, but I'm hoping he will drop it again pretty soon.
6.) He still loves his bath time. It almost seems as though it is his favorite part of the day. I know it is mine! I love giving him his bath (or watching Kevin give it to him), and wrapping him in his towel and putting him into his pajamas. He looks so cute when he is all clean and ready for bed! :)
7.) When Kael was 7 weeks old, we made a trip to Texas. I didn't get to write about it in his 2 month update since Kevin's family in town, but he did great on the plane, and with all of the driving and traveling in general. The whole reason for our trip down there was to surprise my little sister since she was graduating from high school. So here is a 3 month picture... just for my baby sister, Lauren!
8.) We are excited to be celebrating Kael's first 4th of July tomorrow. Thankfully Kevin will be off work, so we will get to enjoy the day as a family (which doesn't happen very often). And what better way to celebrate, than with an Alaskan fish fry!

9.) Kael is beginning to smile all the time. First thing in the morning (after he eats), he is all smiles. It is hard for me to get anything done since I want to enjoy every single smile.
10.) He is also becoming a chatter box. He will carry on little conversations with me, taking turns listening and talking back and forth.
11.) And the most exciting so far is hearing his little laugh! It brought tears to my eyes, it was so cute! I am determined to get a video of it!
But as much as we make Kael laugh, he makes us laugh just as much! Exhibit 1...
10.) He is also becoming a chatter box. He will carry on little conversations with me, taking turns listening and talking back and forth.
11.) And the most exciting so far is hearing his little laugh! It brought tears to my eyes, it was so cute! I am determined to get a video of it!
But as much as we make Kael laugh, he makes us laugh just as much! Exhibit 1...


No comments:
Post a Comment