Thankfully there is a small children's boutique in town, which also sells a few maternity items. I went in desperate for some relief and this was the one and only maternity pillow they had. I immediately purchased it, and ran home to try it out. My nap was unsuccessful and I began to second guess my purchase, but I gave it another shot last night. I figured out if I fold the top part that is supposed to go under my head over and use my own pillows, it works perfectly! It is really an amazing pillow because it is easy to squish and move around to make it work exactly how you want it to. Overall, it was amazing! I actually slept in 4 hour intervals, only waking up to use the restroom twice! My belly didn't ache, my hips didn't hurt, and it didn't feel like the springs in my mattress were digging into my waist and legs. And the cherry on top of a good night's rest is the fact that I don't feel sick to my stomach today! Thankfully the feeling must have been due to a stomach bug and not third trimester morning sickness (which apparently is much more common than people let on...).
Which reminds me... I will be 28 weeks tomorrow, but I feel like celebrating it today. Mainly because I would love to bring in the new year with a new trimester- which so happens to be my last! I still can't believe how far I have come, and that in just a few short weeks I will be holding my baby in my arms and no longer in my belly.
But before I get all sentimental, I better wrap this up! I will post again tomorrow with my "real" 28 week post, so for now, I hope you have a very Happy New Year!

1 comment:
I came across your blog. I am also a Coast Guard wife and we just found out yesterday we will be moving to Kodiak this summer. We are currently in Sacramento and I am freaking out! Any advice would be great! Congrats on the little one. Very exciting. We have a 9 1/2 month old baby girl.
Post a Comment