Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

28 Weeks

Hey... better late than never, right?!?

So let's see. Where to begin? I guess the obvious and most exciting part about hitting 28 weeks is the fact that I am officially in my third trimester! Minus a few bumps in the road last week, I am feeling great. I still have a good amount of energy, and nesting is really starting to hit full force! I think more than anything, I am really starting to get that feeling. You know... the one where I am finally realizing that I am going to be a MOM! And what is even scarier is the fact that I know the next few weeks are going to fly by!

So here goes my attempt at a 28 week update on my symptoms and emotions.
  1. I am starting to feel HUGE! I took a picture to compare to my 24 week pictures, and don't see much of a difference, but I know there is some definite growth.
  2. My belly button has become a part of some strange alien! It has disappeared, and now is just flat with the rest of my belly. It has been doing this for a while, but now it is pretty much stretched to the max! If I push on the sides of it, it pops out- and it is not a pretty sight! It really grosses Kevin out, and the first time I saw it I screamed!
  3. I still don't know my exact weight gain since my doctor's appointment isn't until tomorrow, but my guess is that I am up 15-16 pounds.
  4. I am still having braxton hicks contractions throughout each day, but drinking tons of water really helps keep them further apart.
  5. I have suddenly developed an obsession for pop-tarts... which are pretty much the most unhealthy food item on the face of this earth (but I can't stop eating them!)
  6. I have my doctor's appointment and glucose screening tomorrow
  7. I have become extremely emotional. I find that nearly anything will overwhelm me and set off the waterworks. I especially worry about how I will handle going back to work once he is born.
  8. I have started doing my research on specific aspects of having a baby. The main three I have been focusing on are breastfeeding, making my own baby food, and using the book "Baby Wise" to develop a good schedule for him. I am still in the "research" phase of all 3, but I do know that I really want to put a large emphasis on these since I feel they will provide huge benefits for Kael.
  9. Kevin and I have signed up for our birthing class, and it is January 23rd!! I can't believe it is already time to start thinking about this kind of stuff!!
  10. I found out yesterday that the girls from work will be having a baby shower for me at the end of February. I am still in disbelief that they offered to do this for me. It just really means alot since we are so far away from family. It feels like I have a whole new support system that I had no idea existed before this week.
So there you have it... all the updates that I can think of at this point in time. I have my last "monthly" doctor's appointment tomorrow!! After tomorrow I will start going every 2 weeks! Ahhhhh... all of these "little" milestones make the end seem so close I can already smell that sweet baby aroma!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know the resource I have used for making Brynlee's food. I reference www.wholesomebabyfood.com for pretty much anything and everything baby food related. A lot of people will tell you it is too much work, but it isn't. I would make about a months worth of food at a time and it still really didn't take that long. You can do it!! Not only is it better for them but the money you will save by doing it will be so worth it!